Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Diamond Dynasty (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   Would you like to see card trading implementation in the future? (/forums/showthread.php?t=951309)

BIGROC 04-26-2019 02:55 AM

Would you like to see card trading implementation in the future?

I know we have a community market for this sort of thing... But do you think there should be an option to trade cards with other players. I want the Mattingly (94 over) but wouldn't spend 50 bucks to buy it... But I'd certainly train my Frank Thomas as well as another card for him...

As kids baseball cards and the tradition of trading them is deep rooted (at least in my generation). I would love to see some level for trading cards... I think the nostalgia it'd bring back would be great, and give ppl the ability to gain access to cards seemingly out of their reach to make an offer.

Thoughts?

papadell 04-26-2019 05:13 AM

Re: Would you like to see card trading implementation in the future?

I would love it. Especially if it allowed us to convert any cards in our collection we can't sell. When I first started playing DD I didn't know any better and collected the Kluber I pulled. I'll more than likely never finish that collection and regret not selling it but I didn't know what I was doing at first.

If I was at least able to trade that card for something else that would be awesome.

jake19ny 04-26-2019 08:23 AM

I think something they may be concerned about is people abusing it. I’m not sure how it’s done but in EA NHL people create multiple accounts and then trade the good free earned cards to their main account for a scrub player. Stacking their team and having high end cards to sell in the market.

Bigwebb48 04-26-2019 05:30 PM

I think it'd be good, so long as it made the cards non auctionable once traded

dolphindad50 04-29-2019 09:25 AM

If it doesn't make them money it won't happen

BIGROC 05-01-2019 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake19ny (Post 2049764221)
I think something they may be concerned about is people abusing it. I’m not sure how it’s done but in EA NHL people create multiple accounts and then trade the good free earned cards to their main account for a scrub player. Stacking their team and having high end cards to sell in the market.

I think there's a way to stop that before it begins. Either by tracking IP addresses so they wouldn't be able to self trade, or if there's funky trades between 2 accounts flag it, and if it's come to light that that's what has been going on, not allow them to participate in DD (at least on the main account). May be a bit extreme, and difficult to do ... But I've only "collected" a few of my diamonds. There's def other cards I want, and would certainly trade to get and build a team with guys I want as opposed to it all being luck of the draw, or dropping an insane amount of cash for 1 card.

Trading baseball cards goes back generations. I think it's safe to say that most of us on the board did it when we were younger. It'd bring a different element to the game. The only thing you would have to worry about are the folks who think their cards are worth way more than they really are...

I can see the "not making them money" reason as being the biggest. But I truly think it would make what is already (imo) the best mode in the game even better. And that's no small task. Maybe they could charge a few bucks a month for a traders club? I would spend 5 bucks a month extra to be able to move my cards and trade them without limiting the trade amounts, or they could have it where you're only allotted 3,4, or 5 trades each month.... Or being included in only one version of the game. I got the digital deluxe version, so for $100.00, I think I (we) should get some leeway...

Who knows.... If enough ppl ask for something like that, I can see them doing it because they do enjoy pleasing their fans.