Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 (/forums/showthread.php?t=951704)

Boiler569 04-30-2019 01:42 PM

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

I find the major lunge/circle out mechanic in UFC 3 to be a bit clunky. You can chain them together, and overall footwork in this game isn't bad at all, but I still feel like it's hard to quickly circle out and 'run' from my opponent.

I was a big fan of the "backwards running" mechanic that was implemented. It costs a hefty amount of stamina if you abuse it, but used with great timing it can make your opponent whiffffff and lose some major stamina (and open for counters, of course).

I would like to see a similar "circle sprint" in UFC 4.

It would cost stamina, of course, and if you were caught by a round strike from that direction it would cause massive vulnerability, but it would give those of us who don't want to throw 100+ strikes per round an opportunity to better use the cage and footwork.

Thoughts?? Maybe I need to work at chaining my major lunges better, but would prefer it to be one smooth & continious motion that I have 100% control over (rather than pre-canned animation)

aholbert32 04-30-2019 02:43 PM

Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

I can hear the "running" complaints from comp players already.

johnmangala 04-30-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2049768361)

One you thing you fail to account is that the same circling used to 'run' is the same used to cut the cage. So it remains a matter of skill.

There should be multidirectional sprint.

Lateral strafing (circling, not running away with back turned) + backwards sprint (stiff arm retreat split into backwards sprint and pawing).

1212headkick 04-30-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Actually no. Alot of us want more realism. Combos are 2 strong now

1212headkick 04-30-2019 05:25 PM

I should be able to do things like setup strikes with lead hand control. I should be able to circle like conor gus or cruz for alot of ufc fighters circling out of the way is primary defense. Footwork is better but not close to realistic. I should be able to hit players oh a t angle.

aholbert32 04-30-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1212headkick (Post 2049768518)

"Alot"? How do you define "alot"? Alot of hardcore comp players want a sprint option?

Haz_ isnt one of them. He's a sim/realism guy that likes playing online. Thats not a comp player.

Seriously if there is "alot" of yall, where the **** have those guys been and why arent they more vocal? Because last spring when I was arguing for the return of the sprint button and adding more movement based options in the game, comp player were complaining about "running" being rampant in the game and using posts on the discord and the ESFL chat (which are full of hardcore comp players) as proof that the game's meta was skewed toward runners.

You dont equal "alot". We know how you feel about the game but that doesnt mean that you represent the majority of comp players.

Lauriedr1ver 04-30-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

I can here us from 20 days after the game came out.

Lauriedr1ver 04-30-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1212headkick (Post 2049768518)

Actually no, a lot of yous dont. This is one of mine, Phiillybois and Aholberts first ever suggestions/discussions on here.