Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=952116)

roadman 05-07-2019 06:53 PM

Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode

Brian Mazique, over at Forbes, has posted his list of 5 things franchise mode needs to...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Kingd803 05-07-2019 07:24 PM

Re: Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode

I completely agree with this. All those a very important to me too. At least we know that EA is hearing it.

Can we just take a minute to really think about all the stuff 2k managed to put in their games every year? All the changes and improvements. It’s really amazing. Regardless of the problems that game has too.

I feel like every time EA releases a blog I find myself asking “is that it” and just feeling completely underwhelmed. Even on the “major improvements” and with 2k im just blown away with the amount of stuff they add.

To me, madden is so far behind now. I don’t know if they could ever catch up. In my mind they stuff have to add everything that they used to have. And do it better. And THEN add some awesome stuff we’ve never seen. And I doubt that’ll ever happen. Seems madden is always years behind the other games.

And it’s nothing against the devs. I’ve heard horror stories about the mess of code and the terrible foundation this game is built upon. I think EA is just terrible. Just look at what they’ve done to Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield.

The fans of both of those game series have been screaming exactly about what they want. And they just refuse and do things their own way. I see a trend between tiburon and dice

Cowboy008 05-07-2019 08:30 PM

Good article. Only thing from there that could be in 20 is the improved stat tracking. Injury system definitely needs to be looked at and improved.

NYJin2011tm 05-07-2019 09:05 PM

The ability to create a expansion team and take it into franchise mode would be nice. Also the ability to start franchise in the offseason would be nice too.

AUTiger1 05-07-2019 09:24 PM

I agree with all those!! As far as the weekly wrap up show, remember the Tony Bruno show on the old Maddens? That was super awesome!! I loved it! I love the precorded interviews. With the technology advancements bringing back the Tony Bruno show would be great since they would be able to add in updated interviews and stuff.

secondsolution 05-07-2019 09:27 PM

Man this guy gets it. It's nice to see a mainstream article pushing this kind of stuff. Hopefully it will have an impact.

AUTiger1 05-07-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingd803 (Post 2049775224)
I completely agree with this. All those a very important to me too. At least we know that EA is hearing it.

Can we just take a minute to really think about all the stuff 2k managed to put in their games every year? All the changes and improvements. It’s really amazing. Regardless of the problems that game has too.

I feel like every time EA releases a blog I find myself asking “is that it” and just feeling completely underwhelmed. Even on the “major improvements” and with 2k im just blown away with the amount of stuff they add.

To me, madden is so far behind now. I don’t know if they could ever catch up. In my mind they stuff have to add everything that they used to have. And do it better. And THEN add some awesome stuff we’ve never seen. And I doubt that’ll ever happen. Seems madden is always years behind the other games.

And it’s nothing against the devs. I’ve heard horror stories about the mess of code and the terrible foundation this game is built upon. I think EA is just terrible. Just look at what they’ve done to Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield.

The fans of both of those game series have been screaming exactly about what they want. And they just refuse and do things their own way. I see a trend between tiburon and dice

The biggest thing to me is how the PS2 versions of Madden are miles better than today's Madden. The depth of the games, the presentation, the animations, the franchise mode!! Everything is better!! Heck, the franchise mode on Madden 99 on N64 is better than today's Madden. I used to play the heck out of franchise mode and go years into the future with it. Now I get board with Madden very easily and only play 2 or 3 years with a franchise before I get tired with it because it's so boring. It's so bland. There's no excitement to it anymore.

AUTiger1 05-07-2019 09:36 PM

Here's a great video showing Madden 2005 and why it was one of my favorite Madden's ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopxdoDuW1E