Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Removed game speeds? (/forums/showthread.php?t=952229)

goalieump413 05-10-2019 10:45 AM

Removed game speeds?

At the bottom of the new article about Gameplay, almost anecdotally, they announced that they removed game speeds. I know that some difficulties resulted from having game speeds in previous releases, but this is a concern for me.

When comparing actual NFL game action vs Madden game action, I found that the 'normal' game speed was too fast, requiring much more twitchy reaction time to play with any real recognition of what's going on just after the snap.

So my concern is: How fast will Madden play? Is gameplay speed moving towards lightning quick reflexes? If so, that's unrealistic, especially in a release year that reportedly focused heavily on regaining faith in Franchise Mode.

Darth Aegis 05-10-2019 12:00 PM

Re: Removed game speeds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalieump413 (Post 2049777776)
At the bottom of the new article about Gameplay, almost anecdotally, they announced that they removed game speeds. I know that some difficulties resulted from having game speeds in previous releases, but this is a concern for me.

When comparing actual NFL game action vs Madden game action, I found that the 'normal' game speed was too fast, requiring much more twitchy reaction time to play with any real recognition of what's going on just after the snap.

So my concern is: How fast will Madden play? Is gameplay speed moving towards lightning quick reflexes? If so, that's unrealistic, especially in a release year that reportedly focused heavily on regaining faith in Franchise Mode.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've always been a very slow/slow kind of Madden player. Pretty disappointed with this news. Seems like instead of finding a way to include other speeds it was just easier removing them ( like a EA thing to do) just speculating however. I also felt like normal is pinball speed and everyone is ice skating. I'll have to wait to get the game in my hands. I hold out hope I'll get used to it. I'm still buying the game but we'll see. I hope that speed & movement is much improved over 19.

Junior Moe 05-10-2019 12:27 PM

I'm a slow game speed guy. I did go normal one year because it got rid of that weird hitch on running plays. I like what EA is doing this year, so while I have some reservations, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Rayzaa 05-10-2019 12:45 PM

I always play on normal speed. I tried slow speed once and didnt think it was all that different. Just slightly. So i assume the speed will be normal but if there isnt anything to compare it to id be fine if slow was the chosen one as well.....or something in between lol.

However, im sure Normal is what we will get.

TurboTitan 05-10-2019 12:53 PM

Is the reasoning behind removing adjustable game speeds that it has caused animation issues in the past? Seems like a band aid fix instead of addressing the root of the problem.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app

goalieump413 05-10-2019 12:59 PM

It's likely they tried to resolve the issue last year, but couldn't find a reliable solution.

My hope is that the game speed won't default to something so jacked up that my brain can't handle the action. To me, that's a deal-breaker.

davep 05-10-2019 04:21 PM

I'm a very slow speed player and can't really enjoy it on any other speed. If it plays too fast I'm going to stick with 19.

Could pc mods do anything with speed?

Darth Aegis 05-10-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davep (Post 2049778097)
I'm a very slow speed player and can't really enjoy it on any other speed. If it plays too fast I'm going to stick with 19.

Could pc mods do anything with speed?

There may be something that can be done on the PC side, but all depends on what's accessible. I have a few ideas on how to tame it, but I'll have to wait and see at release.