Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Preexisting Injuries / Madden 19 (/forums/showthread.php?t=952320)

Ren The Conqueror 05-11-2019 09:10 PM

Preexisting Injuries / Madden 19

Hey everyone,

I have recently set up two separate offline CFM's. One is with SEA, out of the gate in 2018. The other one is with OAK, beginning in 2019 after having sim'd the 2018 season. In both, I toggled preexisting injuries to OFF at setup. I haven't kicked off in either CFM yet, but my plan has been to toggle preexisting injuries back on prior to doing so. Here's where I'm wondering if there is an issue.

I have my INJ slider set to 10 due to personal gameplay preference. Earlier in the cycle of Madden 19, I recall seeing a decent number of in game injures with the slider set to 10. Recently, they have been almost non-existent at 10. I had been under the assumption that injury frequency being reduce was the result of a patch. However, it dawned on me that I have been playing my CFM games with preexisting injuries still set to the OFF position. I am wondering if this might be the culprit.

Trojan Man is running the same INJ slider, and he is seeing a decent amount of injuries; he left preexisting injuries on from the get go. This brings me to my dilemma. Can I simply toggle the preexisting injury setting back to ON prior to playing my games, even though I have already set up the CFMs with the setting at OFF? Or is this one of those situations where the game supposedly gets "stuck" in the OFF position for this setting?

To be honest, that sounds like a load of crap... then again maybe it's not. The SEA CFM is no big deal... that's a 2018 start. I can set that up again within 30 minutes and be good to go. The OAK CFM on the other hand... not so much. I'm already through the 2018 sim, the entire off-season (FA and the draft, using a very immersive IRL draft class), and I'm on the brink of the 2019 preseason. I would hate to have to scrap this entire CFM just because simply toggling preexisting injuries back to the ON position won't have any in game impact in terms of injuries.

Basically my question is simple. Can you toggle the preexisting injury setting at any point after initial CFM setup, or is this one of those settings that is set in stone from the get go, despite what you do to it after the fact? Side note, you wouldn't think you'd see more or less in game injuries based on this particular setting, but it appears to have an impact.

I greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Rayzaa 05-11-2019 10:09 PM

Re: Preexisting Injuries / Madden 19

I think you can turn it back on but there's only one way to find out. Go in settings and try it. I have mine set on 38. Thinking I'd barely see any injuries on 10

MasonOS95 05-14-2019 01:21 PM

Once you turn it off the injuries clear and dont come back

Ren The Conqueror 05-14-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoRapsFan95 (Post 2049781788)
Once you turn it off the injuries clear and dont come back

Right, thank you. I've been turning it off at the onset of CFM for that reason. But I'm wondering what the implications are behind the scenes (if any), when turning it back on.

I'll probably roll as is, and then report back here in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.

MasonOS95 05-16-2019 11:44 AM

In our online CFM i had them on to start but some guys were out for what would be years so i turned it off and back on, still get a fair amount of injuries per team with it set to 25 and fatique at 52