Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Defending crosses (/forums/showthread.php?t=952557)

k1ngofny 05-15-2019 09:30 AM

Defending crosses

Strictly an offline player here. I've noticed that most of the goals I concede come from crosses and subsequent headers. Any tips for defending these? I do play slightly narrow (width of 4 on defensive tactics.) I do so because in real life crosses are low percentage chances. My defensive instincts are to usually try and intercept or block any dangerous ground passes into the center. But it seems perhaps applying lots of pressure to the winger to stop the cross from being made in the first place is a better idea?

Also sometimes my center back is in position to head the ball away, but simply does nothing and the offensive player heads it in.

KG 05-15-2019 11:37 AM

Re: Defending crosses

Headers are tough because they’re so random and ratings/height don’t seem to matter much at times.

I usually try and use the jockey button and just physically get in the way of attackers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t for the reason I stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entrensik 05-30-2019 10:01 PM

Calling a second defender or pressuring the wing player by holding RB (Xbox) will mess up the marking of your cb's. I usually just let my fullbacks deal with the wingers as I user another player (cm, cdm's) and try to manually mark any free players in the box WITHOUT sending secondary pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

face2face 06-01-2019 08:27 AM

i personnally press the Square to battle for headers in the box.