Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Everybody's Golf VR is Polished (/forums/showthread.php?t=952806)

Impetuous65 05-21-2019 12:48 AM

Everybody's Golf VR is Polished

Man just a quick couple of holes before bed and this game is very well done. After shot camera angles are mind blowing. For those who have the game press square after your shot and just watch it fly, press it multiple times for different angles. The caddy is really good for helping you set up your shots. Picking up grass to gauge the wind.

Impetuous65 05-21-2019 08:25 AM

Re: Everybody's Golf VR is Polished

Some quirks I don't like with the MOVE Controllers is drift. Sometimes the club will get out of alignment and you have to shake it to get it straight. The other thing that is defitnitely on me, is I need to maintain my place in the real world. I get to look around and next thing you know I'm out of the center of the camera so I have to reposition myself to get on course. You can walk around a little bit, bend down look at the greens and measure your shot, the only draw back is you have to line yourself up with the camera, but the presence of being on the greens is priceless.

Speaking of presence, the WOW!!! Factor is how beautiful this game is and being able to see all the course and how different they are is wonderful. Everybod's Golf may have 3 courses, but each hole is different and so are the courses.

This game is much more polished than the demo, and I'm playing on the PS4 PRO. This Video doesn't really give you the since of scale you're about to witness but it is remarkable.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DtS-iVdU5gM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OnlookerDelay 05-21-2019 08:32 AM

I'm really anxious to read reviews or impressions of this game from people who still have the SKLZ Sim Stix, golf club attachment for their Move. This might help steady the drift problem you're describing? I'm just wondering how Everybody's Golf is going to read the motion of the Move, if it is attached to what amounts to a shortened golf club like the Sim Stix?

Tiger Woods 12 and 13 did a surprisingly good job at picking it up on the Sim Stix. I actually fared much better at those two games with the Move and a Sim Stix, than the Move alone. It also felt much more like swinging a golf club, and giving me the added mass to help connect my real golf swing senses to what I was doing.

Here's a link to some information about the SimStix. Click on the thumbnail of the SimStix in the upper part of the page and it takes you to some good close up images of it.

https://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Golf-Sim...=operasport-20

Impetuous65 05-21-2019 08:42 AM

A couple of Sony Sponsored Reviews
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/omPheBlro9A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mcAOBxn0cks" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

djep 05-21-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay (Post 2049787895)
I'm really anxious to read reviews or impressions of this game from people who still have the SKLZ Sim Stix, golf club attachment for their Move. This might help steady the drift problem you're describing? I'm just wondering how Everybody's Golf is going to read the motion of the Move, if it is attached to what amounts to a shortened golf club like the Sim Stix?

Tiger Woods 12 and 13 did a surprisingly good job at picking it up on the Sim Stix. I actually fared much better at those two games with the Move and a Sim Stix, than the Move alone. It also felt much more like swinging a golf club, and giving me the added mass to help connect my real golf swing senses to what I was doing.

Here's a link to some information about the SimStix. Click on the thumbnail of the SimStix in the upper part of the page and it takes you to some good close up images of it.

Just played with my friend's SKLZ Simstix and love the feel of it right away. The added weight really helps with my tempo. It's still lighter than an actual club but much better than using the move by itself.

I'm not experiencing the drift issue in this game like I do with others, most notably Catch and Release, so I can;t say whether the Simstix helps in that regard.

There is one negative with the stix and that is how long it makes every club feel. In essence it becomes an extension of your arm since the game recognizes the Move controller as the handle of the club. If you look at your hands you will notice how long your arms are now. I don't look at my hands when I swing a golf club so to me, it just feels like my clubs are extra long. Bottom line: this peripheral adds to the immersion of a VR golf game. If you can look past that quirk you will find it enjoyable.

I am very impressed with the full game. The feel, the sounds, the visuals are all top notch and do an excellent job of convincing you that you are on an actual golf course.

OnlookerDelay 05-21-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djep (Post 2049787996)
Just played with my friend's SKLZ Simstix and love the feel of it right away. The added weight really helps with my tempo. It's still lighter than an actual club but much better than using the move by itself.

I'm not experiencing the drift issue in this game like I do with others, most notably Catch and Release, so I can;t say whether the Simstix helps in that regard.

There is one negative with the stix and that is how long it makes every club feel. In essence it becomes an extension of your arm since the game recognizes the Move controller as the handle of the club. If you look at your hands you will notice how long your arms are now. I don't look at my hands when I swing a golf club so to me, it just feels like my clubs are extra long. Bottom line: this peripheral adds to the immersion of a VR golf game. If you can look past that quirk you will find it enjoyable.

I am very impressed with the full game. The feel, the sounds, the visuals are all top notch and do an excellent job of convincing you that you are on an actual golf course.

Great report! So on the screen the club looks extended because of the added length of the SimStix? I'm surprised the game is programmed to deal with that. I really can't imagine that ClapHanz would have forseen people using the now obsolete SimStix with the game. I guess they had to factor people with longer arms into the game though.

As far as the weight of the SimStix still being light... I bought a roll of lead tape and kept adding it to the housing for the Move until I got a weight that feels comparable to my clubs. It helped a lot.

As for the drift issue that I'm hearing about, the SimStix would seem to afford a way to control the motion more precisely, with a far more ergonomically sound grip.

Are you finding that it's easier to overpower the ball with the added leverage you get with the SimStix. It might actually require that you take some snap out of your wrists to offset it. I know that was the case with it in Tiger Woods 12 and 13. Also, how is the short game with the Move/SimStix?

Impetuous65 05-21-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay (Post 2049787895)

Thanks for the link my fingers are pretty wide and the move just gets in the way. That link states no longer available. I went to ebay and purchased one for 25 bucks.

Impetuous65 05-21-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djep (Post 2049787996)

I'm thinking the best way to remedy the slim stik too long problem is probably to adjust your height to reflect the length of the slim stik.