Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment & Technology (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Survivor 40: Winners at War (/forums/showthread.php?t=952842)

Majingir 05-21-2019 05:57 PM

Survivor 40: Winners at War

S39 is airing in fall 2019, but all the talk is gonna be about s40. The biggest season done yet(although imo, HvV has more star studded cast).

Not officially announced by CBS yet, but basically everyone else talking Survivor knows the theme and the castaways.

Dont talk about who finishes where(word on that will be out eventually, but that talk isnt allowed here. I dont even know why fans would want to know in advance.).

The cast:
http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survi...-cast-revealed

I'm hoping Parv wins this season. Rob and Kim in f3 would be nice as well. Even Yul in finals would be nice.

If Sarah,Natalie,Michele end up as 2x winners......

jeremym480 05-22-2019 03:06 PM

re: Survivor 40: Winners at War

Man, I know I watched all of those seasons but I don't even remember some of those people. My first impression is that I'm going for either Nick or Rob but I do like Wendall and Yul, as well. Some of the girls are some of the weakest and least memorable winners that I can think of. It would probably have been better (entertainment wise) to put who came in 2nd place in their seasons instead. Actually, a runner-up season would be really good but there's also more people to pick from since there are multiple runner-ups each season. But yeah, that would ruin the theme so maybe another season...

Overall, I agree with Maj that HvV had a much better cast, however I'm sure this season will have it's share of fireworks. The only thing that I know for sure is that if Sandra wins again my head is going to explode.

Majingir 05-22-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremym480 (Post 2049788945)
Man, I know I watched all of those seasons but I don't even remember some of those people. My first impression is that I'm going for either Nick or Rob but I do like Wendall and Yul, as well. Some of the girls are some of the weakest and least memorable winners that I can think of. It would probably have been better (entertainment wise) to put who came in 2nd place in their seasons instead. Actually, a runner-up season would be really good but there's also more people to pick from since there are multiple runner-ups each season. But yeah, that would ruin the theme so maybe another season...

Overall, I agree with Maj that HvV had a much better cast, however I'm sure this season will have it's share of fireworks. The only thing that I know for sure is that if Sandra wins again my head is going to explode.

Sandra winning again would be crazy. She shouldnt have won HvV, but the bitter jury chose to award the person who got least people mad as the winner. Parv should've won, but they associated her with Russell and didn't want a villain winning.

If not this cast, who else?

jeremym480 05-22-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majingir (Post 2049788999)
Sandra winning again would be crazy. She shouldnt have won HvV, but the bitter jury chose to award the person who got least people mad as the winner. Parv should've won, but they associated her with Russell and didn't want a villain winning.

If not this cast, who else? Theres 37 names to chose from. A cast of 20 people means 17 get cut.

My main beef was with some of the females but I guess since it's a half male and half female cast, then there's not a lot of good replacements.

PeoplesChampGB 05-22-2019 04:48 PM

Don't sleep on Yul. He was very cerebral in his season and his group was able to take Parvati out before she could get far enough to do any damage in their initial season.

Majingir 05-22-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremym480 (Post 2049789026)
My main beef was with some of the females but I guess since it's a half male and half female cast, then there's not a lot of good replacements.

Women: Tina,Vercepia,Jenna,Natalie are only ones out.

Natalie is one of worst winners ever(jury didn't vote her to win,they voted AGAINST Russell), Jenna apparently could be dealing with personal issues, I've never heard of Vercepia in Survivor world since her season, and Tina perhaps could be too old(she 60 I believe).

Men: Richard, Brian, Chris, Tom, Aras, Earl, Todd, Bob, JT, Fabio, Cochran, Mike are the men out.

Cochran I'd imagine isnt allowed back due to working for CBS. Richard obviously isnt allowed back. And of the others, I'd replace Nick,Adam,Ben with JT,Aras and Earl. Those are only 3 I'd really care about over those 3 who made it. And even then, Jeff finds Aras boring and Earl wasn't a Survivor fan.

Majingir 05-22-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB (Post 2049789028)
Don't sleep on Yul. He was very cerebral in his season and his group was able to take Parvati out before she could get far enough to do any damage in their initial season.

Only knock on Yul is that he might not care about winning. He's probably losing money by being on Survivor. I think he works for Google or something?

But his season in general was so good. You had Penner,Candice,Ozzy,Yul,Parv all part of that cast. I almost forgot that when typing it. Yul and Parv reunited. He was the most powerful player in Survivor history thanks to the old school idol twist where it could be played AFTER the vote reveal

Definitely see Parv going after him. He's the only one who has ever been able to get her out.

PeoplesChampGB 05-22-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majingir (Post 2049789032)
Women: Tina,Vercepia,Jenna,Natalie are only ones out.

Natalie is one of worst winners ever(jury didn't vote her to win,they voted AGAINST Russell), Jenna apparently could be dealing with personal issues, I've never heard of Vercepia in Survivor world since her season, and Tina perhaps could be too old(she 60 I believe).

Men: Richard, Brian, Chris, Tom, Aras, Earl, Todd, Bob, JT, Fabio, Cochran, Mike are the men out.

Cochran I'd imagine isnt allowed back due to working for CBS. Richard obviously isnt allowed back. And of the others, I'd replace Nick,Adam,Ben with JT,Aras and Earl. Those are only 3 I'd really care about over those 3 who made it. And even then, Jeff finds Aras boring and Earl wasn't a Survivor fan.

Why isn't Hatch allowed back? He did Survivor All-Stars after his first season. I know he had that tax evasion problem but that was his first go around, unless he hadn't been to court yet for it when they played All-Stars.