Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Is there a way to turn off illegal screens? (/forums/showthread.php?t=952960)

Levistick 05-24-2019 12:23 AM

Is there a way to turn off illegal screens?

It's absolutely ridiculous this year. And 100% lopsided.

I get it called against me 3 times a quarter, but I have never seen it called against the CPU even once. It is a huge factor to why I am losing games when I am racking up a dozen turnovers per game off illegal screen calls alone, to their 0 screen calls, and I dont want it on. You can adjust most other fouls but i havent seen anything for this. Am I missing it?

Kleinevos 05-24-2019 02:42 AM

Re: Is there a way to turn off illegal screens?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levistick (Post 2049790419)
It's absolutely ridiculous this year. And 100% lopsided.

I get it called against me 3 times a quarter, but I have never seen it called against the CPU even once. It is a huge factor to why I am losing games when I am racking up a dozen turnovers per game off illegal screen calls alone, to their 0 screen calls, and I dont want it on. You can adjust most other fouls but i havent seen anything for this. Am I missing it?

How about setting proper screens?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Wejwer89 05-24-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleinevos (Post 2049790473)

we have ourselfes a smartass :D

in that case - what about illegal screens calls which happen off ball (when you run a set play), and you have literally zero control over this ?

Levistick 05-25-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleinevos (Post 2049790473)

It's triggered by an animation, doesn't matter how well you set it up, if the animation triggers, the animation triggers. I've had it called just by standing there because the defender was sucked into an animation that triggered the call.

MrWrestling3 05-25-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levistick (Post 2049791112)
It's triggered by an animation, doesn't matter how well you set it up, if the animation triggers, the animation triggers. I've had it called just by standing there because the defender was sucked into an animation that triggered the call.

Correct,one of the bigger frustrations for me is that Illegal Screen calls often seem arbitrary.

There are times I don't even have a hand on the sticks yet when I hold the screen button the game decided I should mess up and makes my guy dip into the defender.Other times on defense the CPU can literally be walking sideways while pushing a shoulder into me and no call. This type of disconnect can really make it feel like Illegal Screen calls are just a cheap mechanic the CPU pulls out when it wants one team to go on a run.