Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Drops from online streaming (/forums/showthread.php?t=952962)

Gagnon39 05-24-2019 01:10 AM

Drops from online streaming

Is anyone losing their connection while streaming? It’s been at least the last 3 games that I’ve lost my connection. I’m going to give hard wiring my PS4 a shot and see if that helps. It might be my wireless connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Ace2734 05-24-2019 07:42 AM

Re: Drops from online streaming

Happened to me, yes. Chalked it up to my usual lousy connection but now my WiFi is off the hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armor and Sword 05-24-2019 08:20 AM

On MLB 18 I was having a lot of issues with dropping off Twitch due to the game disconnecting from The Show’s server.

My wifi is top notch.

This cycle it has been far better but it still happens from time to time.

It all has to do with The Show server. I figured that out a while ago.

Happens with Madden too, but far far less often. My MacBook Pro is from 2011 so it is too old to use a capture card (which is what I would use if I had an up to date MacBook). Then there would be no drops and the highest streaming quality.

Anyway.

Gagnon39 05-24-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2049790558)
On MLB 18 I was having a lot of issues with dropping off Twitch due to the game disconnecting from The Show’s server.

My wifi is top notch.

This cycle it has been far better but it still happens from time to time.

It all has to do with The Show server. I figured that out a while ago.

Happens with Madden too, but far far less often. My MacBook Pro is from 2011 so it is too old to use a capture card (which is what I would use if I had an up to date MacBook). Then there would be no drops and the highest streaming quality.

Anyway.

I believe this is still the case. It seems like I lose connection to The Show server. And then I can't get it back without restarting the whole system. It's quite strange and frustrating at times.

Not sure what the solution is but it's happening pretty much every stream now.

Funkycorm 05-24-2019 12:27 PM

Hmmmm...

Maybe it is the PS4 servers as a whole? Do you stream directly from your PS4? Maybe the connection between twitch and the Sony PS4 servers are the issue? Seems like their servers go in and out on a regular basis.

I have very little knowledge about the whole process, just trying to think of potential issues that may arise.

Armor and Sword 05-25-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkycorm (Post 2049790732)
Hmmmm...

Maybe it is the PS4 servers as a whole? Do you stream directly from your PS4? Maybe the connection between twitch and the Sony PS4 servers are the issue? Seems like their servers go in and out on a regular basis.

I have very little knowledge about the whole process, just trying to think of potential issues that may arise.

Nope it really is the fact that I lose connection from The Show server which causes the drop off from Twitch.

Other games I stream do not have this issue. Like I said very rarely it happens with Madden and all other games...practically never.

For some reason the last 2 years with The Show this has become a problem when I stream. And yes I stream from my console. I do not have a capture card.

I live with it. When it happens I save and exit and reboot. But it is a PITA.

Funkycorm 05-25-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2049791235)
Nope it really is the fact that I lose connection from The Show server which causes the drop off from Twitch.

Other games I stream do not have this issue. Like I said very rarely it happens with Madden and all other games...practically never.

For some reason the last 2 years with The Show this has become a problem when I stream. And yes I stream from my console. I do not have a capture card.

Gotcha. I have only dabbled slightly into the whole process.

Gagnon39 05-25-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2049791235)

Is there a way to disconnect from The Show server and then stream? I've noticed when I've lost connection to The Show server and lose my stream if I wait a while I can stream again (and not be on The Show server) and it works perfectly fine.