Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Why do you play on alts? (/forums/showthread.php?t=953076)

FlaccoNumba5 05-26-2019 12:09 PM

Why do you play on alts?

I understand it for people like Martial, but for everyone else, why? Its lame to me in honesty. Was this a big thing in UFC 2 also?

bmlimo 05-26-2019 12:40 PM

Re: Why do you play on alts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5 (Post 2049792195)
I understand it for people like Martial, but for everyone else, why? Its lame to me in honesty. Was this a big thing in UFC 2 also?

i believe its because is hard to find a fight this game

tomitomitomi 05-26-2019 01:01 PM

I sometimes play on an alt account if I want to improve at something. For instance, I am relatively speaking worse at clinch than striking/grappling so I practice it on another account with worse MMR.

burningxspirit 05-26-2019 01:26 PM

in general I'll use an alt to mess around with Clay Guida or Will Brooks and other randoms for fun and to practice while also facing better competition than ill find in a quick match.

on my primary account I'll use only my mains for the most part.

RomeroXVII 05-26-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5 (Post 2049792195)

It was done in UFC 2 as well, just not as well known.

I used my brothers account as an alt to find my Imposter RomeroXVLL and beat the brakes off of him. For someone who's growing their own channel, having somebody play toxic the way he does hurts when it goes the opposite of what I generally 'preach' on my channel. I had to get a premium Avatar just to differentiate.

But I noticed that people were playing me differently if they didn't know it was me. On my main account people were less likely to spam me or try to do any exploits since I would and will expose them + and find a way how to deal with it. Just this morning, I decided to do a game on my alt before work, and when I l knocked the dude down three times he 'rage quit' and did the no loss glitch, I'll be uploading that soon.

Now I generally use the alts to experiment in different weight classes, different playstyles, and to figure out the meta when the season changes.

1212headkick 05-28-2019 08:08 PM

To practice certain things in the game without the anxiety of taking a loss against better competition than quick match bums

ZombieRommel 05-29-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1212headkick (Post 2049793758)
To practice certain things in the game without the anxiety of taking a loss against better competition than quick match bums

Why did you play on your alt in our BO5?

Good Grappler 05-30-2019 12:32 PM

To lay on unsuspecting top players. Usually the element of surprise allows me to grab them and flip them on their head immediately when the first round starts. So i get a head start, win the first round, barely edge out the second round. By the third round they probably know who I am due to the constant clinch attempts, leg kicks, and utter lack of any actual striking skills. At which point they begin to **** me up but it’s too little too late and I cop that W like a gangsta.

I then message them afterwards saying “I just started playing yesterday. I’m glad I got an easy fight, I wouldn’t have been able to do that to a skilled opponent”.

No just kidding I don’t do **** like that. I used to back in the day though, good times