Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Fair request/expectation for UFC 4? (/forums/showthread.php?t=953105)

iHazCode 05-27-2019 02:46 AM

Fair request/expectation for UFC 4?

If I could request 3 things for UFC 4 it would be the following:

* At minimum every move/position that existed in Undisputed 3 (not including Pride moves, though that'd be a great bonus).

* Career progression which is generic yet dynamic. Similar to that found in Undisputed 3.

* Progression/Training similar to Undisputed 3, in which you train moves on your create a fighter to earn the moves. Then have the ability to train said move further to learn variants or level up a move.

I was just watching more Undisputed 3 videos, and just looking at the moves and seeing things like take downs that end up getting reversed where the fighter initiating the TD ends up essentially tripping up and ends up on his back. The whole clinch and ground game just seems so much more dynamic. Or more specifically moves where they are not all picture perfect, because getting that perfect takedown w/o at least a scramble every time is simply not realistic. I think Undisputed was heading in a direction of realizing and positioning to nail this, but EA UFC can and should really obliterate this aspect of the sport. The less than perfect, raw, and improvisational components of the fight game that is.

That said, I know it seems silly to point to another publishers game for my request for UFC 4, however we are going on almost 8 years of this franchise now, and considering the move list in Undisputed 3 were grounded in reality it seems to me that rather than asking us for what moves we'd like to see in the game, they could just look to that game for starters and make sure they AT MINIMUM have all of those moves/positions/etc..

Only when that is accomplished should it make sense to come ask the community for what else to add. Does this seem reasonable? I really am not trying to sound flippant, but it seems like the most pragmatic way for this team to approach getting all the core/base moves included in the game. Personally it blows my mind that we'd even be having discussions about what moves to include when we haven't even scratched the surface of possible positions/moves that existed in an over decade (give or take) old game.

iHazCode 05-27-2019 03:13 AM

Re: Fair request/expectation for UFC 4?

I guess while I'm ranting, my other request, and to further on an idea that I mentioned above would be the introduction of gravity, yes... gravity.

Along with having the moves/grappling not be so picture perfect, including flailing, grapple misses and slips due to grabbing a moving sweaty target. I think it would also be really powerful if they added gravity, and the ability for trips, slips, and falls assuming they speed up the grappling. Imagine two guys grappling, with one back-pedaling, but then the other whips the other causing him to trip and fall due to his own momentum being used against him.

In addition the blocking and sway mechanic could be updated to include the accuracy stat more. By this I mean in a real fight most strikes are not parried, blocked or swayed but rather glance off due to micro movement which is natural for anyone who has a fist coming towards their head. Go back and watch almost any fight, you will see that upwards of 70% of strikes are in fact low impact due to reasons other than blocking, parrying, or sways. Finding a good way to emulate this in the game could be tricky, and might not even be good for the competitive online crowd, however if they could somehow nail this it would be huge I think. Even though some things seem bad for online play, I've found if you can nail the actual physics of a sport or whatever you are trying to emulate in game, it all comes together.

When the original Rainbow Six initially came out people lost their sh*t because you could die so easily. The first few weeks of that game resulted in VERY short matches. However as people learned how to play, and leverage tactics and self preservation techniques more akin to the real world, the game began to play (you guessed it) a lot more similar to how you'd see something like that go down in the real world.

rabbitfistssaipailo 05-29-2019 02:56 AM

By UFC 5 I expect that we should be able to do everything possible in a real life MMA fight.

For UFC 4 , first I will be paying attention to see if the kicking and punching attributes are separated when it launches . They have their work cut out for them honestly .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

NEWSS 05-29-2019 05:29 AM

Just a few off the top of my head:

- make ground and pound look more powerful
- improve finish the fight sequences giving more options for attacker and defender
- improve clinch locomotion
- get rid of or reduce effectiveness of certain combos like knee/elbow and 6-12 elbow/spinning back fist
- imrove general slugginesh and dropped inputs issues

Tyeanisbae 05-29-2019 09:46 AM

Would be cool if they added an animation of a fighters knees giving way just enough for him to kind of crouch if he takes a big punch. Like Anderson Silva vs Adesanya round 2.

iHazCode 06-02-2019 02:27 AM

I just got a one punch KO from halfguard in “that other game” tonight. I hope we can get that kind of intense and powerful striking in the next game too. Everything just seems a bit watered down and predictable in this franchise currently. As much as I love and support this franchise and this team. The intensity could definitely be elevated.

Good Grappler 06-15-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo (Post 2049793958)
By UFC 5 I expect that we should be able to do everything possible in a real life MMA fight.

For UFC 4 , first I will be paying attention to see if the kicking and punching attributes are separated when it launches . They have their work cut out for them honestly .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

By UFC 6 I fully expect to be able to scratch my nose on command

tomitomitomi 06-15-2019 06:30 PM

Did we really need a third thread for a wishlist?