Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K rut (/forums/showthread.php?t=953180)

jetsman92 05-28-2019 09:52 PM

NBA 2K rut

I'm in a huge rut will this game right now... I can't seem to do well at all with this game at this point... Looking for tips on how to break out of this rut

testorz 05-28-2019 10:58 PM

Re: NBA 2K rut

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsman92 (Post 2049793819)
I'm in a huge rut will this game right now... I can't seem to do well at all with this game at this point... Looking for tips on how to break out of this rut

I aced My Team and My Player so I'm done.

Nikeshooter3 05-29-2019 12:31 AM

Just keep playing my man

KyotoCarl 05-29-2019 08:23 AM

Play some exhibition games with all time teams, just for fun, or step away for a few days and come in fresh.

GisherJohn24 05-29-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsman92 (Post 2049793819)

I play NBA 2k12 and 11.

Marvlus91 05-29-2019 11:31 AM

idk if i’m in a rut but it seems i can’t do anything like a couple months ago. speaking for my player, my shot timing sucks now, whether it’s a wide open set shot or a fading shot, my timing just sucks now. idk if they buffed my created shot like they always do under the table but i have no confidence in shooting anymore.

m29a 05-29-2019 09:14 PM

Just keep playing more and you'll get an idea of what is working and what isn't in terms of strategy and your style of play.

Earlier in the year I really struggled going against the All-Star AI and became frustrated, but now I am able to regularly win on Superstar. For me, I just needed to take advantage of potential mismatches, utilize the pick n' roll more, and occasionally call some plays. I also started playing on-ball d more to get better at contesting, which has really helped.

VDusen04 05-29-2019 09:50 PM

I fell off when Red Dead Redemption came out and each time I come back, I find myself not having a lot of fun with the gameplay. I can win handily on the difficulty level that best suits me but it's a weird kind of winning. Feels like there's a lot of basketball things that should be easier to do in the game that I just can't seem to make happen, primarily on account of the one-on-one computer defense. As such, I resort to winning by using survival tactics (aka things I've found work best in the 2K world, sometimes contrary to the basketball world).

As a single player guy, I've frequently had the feeling over the past few years that my gameplay experience has been getting nerfed and ill-adjusted for the sake of the online community. I understand it, but it's a bummer.

I'm hoping for some positive change in terms of offensive weaponry, the ability to elude, and figuring out some kind of more realistic balance between brick wall defense and effective help defense, because I loved the classic team and create-a-player set up this year. It'd be nice to get out there on the court and bask in that stuff more readily.