Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   1980 Season Roster PS4 (/forums/showthread.php?t=953328)

Iteachpercussion 06-01-2019 03:49 PM

1980 Season Roster PS4

This roster is now complete. Any future updates will only be to fix any mistakes or issues.

File name: 1980
PSN: Iteachistory78

Teams Completed:
AFC East: Bills, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots
AFC Central: Bengals, Browns, Oilers, and Steelers
AFC West: Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, and Seahawks
NFC East: Cardinals, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins
NFC Central: Bears, Buccaneers, Lions, Packers, Vikings
NFC West: Falcons, 49ers, Rams, Saints

This roster is for Play Now only. I will NOT be completing expansion teams or free agents. Player ages, experience and college are not going to be correct. In most cases age and experience will be close, but not always.

As always, equipment is correct based on photos and videos. Ratings are a little different from some of my past rosters because I am not concerned with simmed games in Franchise mode.

I have also created some playbooks to be used with this roster.
1980BAL: Offensive playbook, good for most teams with this roster, or the 1985 roster. Few shotgun plays and formations.
80S34: Defensive playbook based on the 3-4 defense of the era. Blitzing kept to a minimum, more man coverage and cover 2. Odd formations removed
80S43: Same as the 3-4 except based on the 4-3 defense of the era
60S70S: Offensive playbook that is pretty run heavy. Can be used with this roster for teams like the Bears, Rams, Chiefs, Bills, and Patriots

I am still tweaking the playbooks, so they may receive updates from time to time. I will try to mention them here as well.

Also, the generic West Coast playbook can be used for this roster too, but only if you are willing to see pistol formations. There is good variety in this playbook and some formations that cannot be accessed any other way such as the split back formation.

Please provide some feedback on the roster so far as well as the playbooks.

Iteachpercussion 06-05-2019 04:53 PM

Re: 1980 Season Roster PS4

The AFC West is now complete. This completes the AFC.

I also uploaded another playbook.
SNGBK80: 1980s style singleback playbook. Think about the Redskins under Joe Gibbs. It will also work for a couple of teams for this roster. The Oilers often used 2 TE and single back sets in 1980. You could go back and forth between playbooks for them in different games.

The 6070s offensive playbook will also work for this roster for the run dominant teams.

l8knight1 06-11-2019 11:56 AM

Awesome Teach....loads of fun so far when I played Fins/Chargers. Thanks!

nayah2o0 06-12-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion (Post 2049796733)
I recently decided to start working on the 1980 season and I just uploaded the first segment of teams on Madden Share

File name: 1980
PSN: Iteachistory78

Teams Completed:
AFC East: Bills, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots
AFC Central: Bengals, Browns, Oilers, and Steelers
AFC West: Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, and Seahawks

I will update this page whenever I upload/update the roster.

This roster is for Play Now only. I will NOT be completing expansion teams or free agents. Player ages, experience and college are not going to be correct. In most cases age and experience will be close, but not always.

As always, equipment is correct based on photos and videos. Ratings are a little different from some of my past rosters because I am not concerned with simmed games in Franchise mode.

I have also created some playbooks to be used with this roster.
1980BAL: Offensive playbook, good for most teams with this roster, or the 1985 roster. Few shotgun plays and formations.
80S34: Defensive playbook based on the 3-4 defense of the era. Blitzing kept to a minimum, more man coverage and cover 2. Odd formations removed
80S43: Same as the 3-4 except based on the 4-3 defense of the era
60S70S: Offensive playbook that is pretty run heavy. Can be used with this roster for teams like the Bears, Rams, Chiefs, Bills, and Patriots

I am still tweaking the playbooks, so they may receive updates from time to time. I will try to mention them here as well.

Also, the generic West Coast playbook can be used for this roster too, but only if you are willing to see pistol formations. There is good variety in this playbook and some formations that cannot be accessed any other way such as the split back formation.

Please provide some feedback on the roster so far as well as the playbooks.

Played Bills v Pats. Love it! When I saw 1980 rosters, it was like an early birthday present! Thanks!!!

Iteachpercussion 06-17-2019 09:22 AM

Sorry for the slow progress with this roster. I have been dealing with a family illness and then I ended up getting a beta code for M20 so I spent my free time over the weekend playing that instead of working on the roster.

I will be returning to the roster today and I hope to finish the NFC East today which will provide a new update on Madden Share.

Again, any feedback on the roster is appreciated.

Armor and Sword 06-17-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion (Post 2049811666)
Sorry for the slow progress with this roster. I have been dealing with a family illness and then I ended up getting a beta code for M20 so I spent my free time over the weekend playing that instead of working on the roster.

I will be returning to the roster today and I hope to finish the NFC East today which will provide a new update on Madden Share.

Again, any feedback on the roster is appreciated.

Percussion I hope all is well with your family. Take your time man.

I am sticking with 19 no question now after my experience with the M20 beta.

M20 will be something in hat bargain bin next year I may dabble in. The game is simply lost to me. 19 with all its warts was and so far is the most simulation feeling game they have made to date.

M20 is not anything like the football game “I” desire. It has gone backwards in terms of pacing, and to be frank feels highly arcady.

Player movement although smoother.....has zero weight. They already ditched true step.....like one game and done. They finally got it working good enough via patches but they dumped the weight and momentum.

Typical EA. Players are on skates again.

Anyway enough ranting here....I will post my impressions in the beta thread. Looking forward to another amazing classic roster from you for 19.

mathteachernerd1968 06-17-2019 01:49 PM

Awesome!

Do u guys sim games for the most part?

Do you believe CPU sim is how these classic rosters are best utilized?

Iteachpercussion 06-17-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968 (Post 2049811959)
Awesome!

Do u guys sim games for the most part?

Do you believe CPU sim is how these classic rosters are best utilized?

I sim some games yes. However, I like to play the games as well. Usually I set up the season on an excel file and keep track of stats and everything for myself. It takes extra time, but I find it pretty neat.

When I play the games I usually let a die roll determine which team I use. That was I am not always playing using my favorite teams.

As for CPU v CPU, I think the rosters work well with the right playbooks in place. I do not a lot if I want to do something else while the game is playing. The stats usually come out pretty good and the interactions on the field are solid. It really comes down to personal taste.

The one thing I will no longer try to do is use the classic rosters in Franchise mode. Over the past few years, including with M19, I have driven myself crazy trying to get the teams to play properly in that mode. It just does not work. You are to be willing to accept classic teams playing like modern teams, and for me that kills the whole purpose of classic rosters. So, finally I have given up on that idea entirely. So Play Now is the only way I play moving forward. If EA ever allows the use of custom playbooks assigned to CPU teams in franchise, I would go back to trying.

Anyway, I hope that helps.