Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   recruiting observation (/forums/showthread.php?t=953465)

falcor1234 06-04-2019 06:25 PM

recruiting observation

i have played this game consistanly since it came out in 2013. I usually start as a HC at a small school. but recently I decided to start as the DC at Ohio State. the first year we go undefeated and win the natty. I have an A+ coach rating I take the HC job at 0-12 UConn. my first preseason recruiting I had a 4* DT who had me as his #1 on his list from Texas. I at first thought maybe he was a bust with no one else interested. I scout him and he dropped just a couple points from a 70ish to low 70s high 60s cant remember but it was only 3-4 point drop. the only reason I can figure that he had an 0-12 UConn team as his #1 was because I was a DC and had an A+ rating from the year before. does anyone know if that has an effect on recruits. like I said I usually just start as a HC so I dont have the high rating for a couple years.

TomahawkNation 06-05-2019 08:21 AM

Re: recruiting observation

Your coach prestige can give you an advantage over other schools/coaches similar to proximity to home, pro potential, etc. I’m assuming one of his top values must be coach prestige since he has you as his top choice. From my experience, it seems like a large % of recruits value proximity to home above all else.

falcor1234 06-05-2019 05:46 PM

Re: recruiting observation

that's what I was assuming. which is kinda realistic. just never really looked that far into it.