Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Sucks we can't have 7-6 myplayer (/forums/showthread.php?t=953584)

KG5FromTheBean 06-07-2019 07:18 AM

Sucks we can't have 7-6 myplayer

I guess it would break the game to have that tall of a myplayer?

darthcolin 06-07-2019 07:25 AM

Re: Sucks we can't have 7-6 myplayer

It would be pretty cool, but park is already broken as it is so that would probably take it over the top

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

awg811 06-07-2019 09:50 AM

Sucks we can't have 7-6 myplayer

2k hasn’t found a way to balance height and length.
That’s why everyone maxes height and arm length because it gives you such a huge advantage. The downside this year was a little better, in that longer arms would make Shooting more difficult. Because of overpowered bases, it really doesn’t matter that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

FixEverything2k 06-07-2019 07:16 PM

Yeah then slap on jumpshot base 8 or Lamarcus so that your release point is at damn near 40 Feet...

Cause that's exactly what would happen,
You'd see a bunch of Manute Bols greening 3s from half then doing the backflip or sleep shot celebration.

If they figure out how to balance the game then they would do that

TonyBake 06-08-2019 09:22 AM

If they ever add that option, 2K needs to severely limit the jumpshot animations available to players that tall. Like it should literally only be set shots. And they shouldn't be able to have speed, vertical, lateral quickness, etc. any higher than like 50 lol.

howardphillips214 06-08-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyBake (Post 2049802332)
If they ever add that option, 2K needs to severely limit the jumpshot animations available to players that tall. Like it should literally only be set shots. And they shouldn't be able to have speed, vertical, lateral quickness, etc. any higher than like 50 lol.

In Madden there is a slider that determines the gap between a player with 99 speed and a player with low speeds. I never understood why a 20 and,sometimes 30 point speed gap wasnt more evident in 2k. When I'm a big, that 10 point gap between a 70 off ball and a 60 is barely noticeable. Its when you get matched on a big with 30 speeds, the 7 footers, that your off ball speed actually separates you from your defender. The issue is that sharps the same size or bigger than my taller,characters are blessed with off ball speeds in the 60s and have vastly inferior athletic and defensive ratings, yet pose more of a problem because they're so valuable on offense. Ive been seeing a lot of lockdowns at the 4 with the 5 being a shooter. When I'm on a team that can switch im now guarding a 7 footer that I have to pick up from half court. While also minding my original matchup in transition. Its not impossible to do, but its gotten us in trouble especially if my counterpart at the 5 isnt back on defense.

If teams can continue to stack shooters 1-5 there needs to be severe consequences. Those teams should be getting obliterated in the halfcourt defense. There has to be a reason to value athleticism as well as defense, rebounding, and passing. These are all essential parts to the game of basketball. If the league had kyle korvers of all shapes and sizes the game would die as a proffesional sport. The highlights that you see on sports center arent a bunch of limitless 3s every night and every game. Theres posters, blowbyes, alley oops, as well as buzzer beaters. What makes the game of basketball fun to watch is how so many different types of players can be put together to win. If Toronto wins this year does that mean because Kahwi is the best player on the planet right now every myplayer will play like he has a 99 steal and post game? Because since the warriors have been winning with their shooting and small ball line ups. And Toronto is doing it with size and length and athletcism. Is 2k going to drastically change the fundamentals of their game as they did with shooting?

If someone wants to make a pure stretch at 7'6 he should MAX at a 70 three. His speed should be a 2. His vertical should be a 4. His dunks could be a 30. Ill give him that. Midrange could be deadly in the 80s. But his defense, post game, his handles, anything else fundamentally should be horrendous. He'll get blocks by being big, doesnt mean he needs a 60 block even. He should be garbage in everything but shooting. And even that needs to mean hes not standing anywhere but on the line. Not from the hash, not from the logo. Period. Glass cleaners 7'6 should get bodied by other shorter stronger bigs. The should have a max body frame like a KP or Yao. If you tried to make him fat like shaq you woumd max at 7'1.

Basically, if you make a Shaun Bradley he should play like Shaun Bradley did. Get killed on the glass by everyone not just good centers. He should only be able to play hands up basically otherwise break his legs. There has never been a 7 footer who jumped uo and down 3 times in one possession every possession of every game of every season. There needs to be severe mobility penalties across the board. This should trickle down to every position on the floor. If you make a tall wing you should get blown past by every guard who was good enough to make it in the league like in real life. There is a reason why Isaiah Thomas is in the Hall of Fame. And he was never 6'. He could play defense AND dribble like crazy. Was he as fast as Iverson, who was taller and had a much better offensive game? No. So these distinctions need to be relevant.

Right now, you can make a max height whatever you want and be effective at every position. Its actually a detriment if you don't. Arm span and weight also need huge repercussions. These things matter at the professional level of any sport. But it especially matters in Hoops.

If Andre Drummond had a single thing changed about his body it would hurt his game. Shaqs body was his worst enemy. Yao never developed his core enough to either sustain his career or at least improve his game while he was playing.

The same thing can be said about other players but in the opposite sense. Dwight Howard has stayed roughly the same build his wholw career, and early in his career decided he would not work on the more advanced aspects of his game and develop more on the skills side of the ball. Only relying on his body and his athleticism to compete. Now, as you see with so many other veterans, since he never developed any other skills his body gave way on him far too often and far too early in his career.

Some of its genes. Some of its mentality. Most of what makes players successful and have long careers is how hard they work. But what they work on, and how they round out 5heir skill sets is what decides who is who and whats what.

The reason. The warriors have been so successful up to this point isnt SOLELY that they have shooters 1-5. Its that the're a great defensive UNIT not everyone is a LDD, but 5hey all have unique skill sets. KD made them look unbeatable but health seems to have betrayed them.

In 2k20 there needs to be consequences to the build you choose. In all phases of the game. Just because you put sharp in your build shouldn't make you the goat. You put sharp in a 7'3 rebounder you should get DEMOLISHED by a pure glass at 6'6 if hes like Barkley who has 60 points of muscle on you. Lol lol

Barkley would brutalize this league. Its the best comparison to Zion we have. But even if Barkley was in the league you shouldnt be able to make 300 lb guards at 5'7 and expect to be successful.

This is why diversity is such a beautiful thing ans why the game is as amazing as it is.

I'm excited to see the Mavs roll 2 of the tallest players at their positions, PG and PF who can both shoot and both play under the hoop. But am I edcited to see their defense?

No.

TheFinalEvent97 06-08-2019 07:45 PM

Kind of echoing the post above but one of thd major problems is that builds are way too effective at doing things outside there archetype, I'll use my 6'10 Max Wingspan Pure Point Forward as an example.

Dribbling- Obviously with 79 Ball Control and 90 Speed with Ball its an absolute rocket with the ball in its hands as you would expect a Pure Ball-handling build to be.

Dunking- Has a 63 Driving Dunk and 52 Contact Dunk but a combination of hopstep and eurostep dunks being overpowered+ having the same driving dunk tendencies as a 6'10 Pure Lock means it can dunk really well.

Shooting- Any build can shoot in 2K19 so you have to respect its 3pt shooting making it nearly impossible to guard the drive and closeout on a 3.

Defense- Having max wingspan means it can guard basically any player outside a 7'1+ Center and can jump passing lanes like a lockdown

Passing- HOF Dimer makes shooting even easier than it already is, combine it with Gold PnR Maestro and a PicknPop from a Sharpshooting Rebounder or Rim Protector and its a basically guaranteed 3 if the big drops to defend the drive.

zello144 06-09-2019 12:38 AM

I don't care about height. I just want more weight.