Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   are WR screens fixed in the beta? (/forums/showthread.php?t=954104)

caseyj622 06-17-2019 08:07 PM

are WR screens fixed in the beta?

Screens have been glitchy the past few versions, the WR would get caught in a glitchy frozen delayed animation like 75% of the time, usually resulting in a loss of yards. Has this been fixed?

canes21 06-17-2019 08:09 PM

Re: are WR screens fixed in the beta?

They still accelerate in a weird slow way at times.

roadman 06-17-2019 08:16 PM

The CPU had a lot of WR screens that worked vs me and a few that didn't. One that didn't, I recall one of my LB's had jumped to block the pass and it was ruled a fumble.

I really liked that play.

ODogg 06-17-2019 08:16 PM

They're still a bit of a gamble

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

stinkubus 06-18-2019 12:58 AM

If you really want them, I would encourage you to experiment heavily once the full game drops. Not all of the WR screens in M19 triggered that behavior from the receiver.

Just off the top of my head MIA, PIT, DAL, ATL, NYJ, and Run Heavy all have at least one functioning WR screen.

Even if a bunch of them turn out to be junk again I guarantee you there will be some that work.

PhillyPhanatic14 06-18-2019 08:09 AM

They feel a million times better than i've ever remembered them. I see that others had a mixed bag with them. I ran the AZ playbook (which is insane) and i used them often with great success. Obviously you need to read the defense, but guys actually run up field now and they don't stumble or pause or do any of the garbage from previous years. They're a ton of fun in this game.

ijumpedthegun 06-18-2019 09:35 AM

I didn't run very many vanilla WR screens. I did, however, run some RPO WR screens and those worked out alright.