Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=954201)

Steve_OS 06-20-2019 09:57 PM

Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

The Madden beta ended over the weekend with mixed results. The beta provided users a chance...

Written By: Scott Funk

Click here to view the article.

Sparkles 06-20-2019 11:34 PM

At this point I guess we’ll have to wait for next gen with major changes. This year is big disappointment for CFM. Guess I’ll wait to buy M20 used

canes21 06-21-2019 03:05 AM

Re: Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:

EA has mentioned some of the events you may encounter. They include a player holding out, facing a tough opposing player and how to plan for him, dealing with an unhappy owner and facing tough questions from the media. I love the idea that we get to interact with different people in the industry and that it has an impact on my team. I am not sure how much morale plays a part in my team success or where to even find it right now.

One thing I wish EA did was showcase the league news better, especially because the developers are introducing these scenarios. This type of information should be on the front page for all the owners. In the beta, It just seemed like it was tucked away in a menu that I doubt many people even go to. It seems simple but I think they should make that type of news more of a story, which would also give the franchise life. I would love to know if a player I am interested in has demanded a trade even. This should be big news and should be treated as such.
I really hope holdouts, trade demands, etc. are actually going to be included. Everything I saw in the beta was very basic, "we are playing X, player Y is great, what should we do?" or it was a player on your team needing an increase in production and if you reached the goal you upped their development trait. 1) I'd love to see the gameplan scenario every single week and it actually be used a little more strategically and not just about goals. I'd like to see more strategy added to the game like specifically double teaming certain players and chipping linemen and more. Those scenarios would be neat if it was telling you about the threat of Fletcher Cox like it does now, but instead of just being goal oriented it asked if you'd like to go into practice mode and train to stop him. Then the game taught you all of the mechanics to stop him like the hypothetically new doubleteam feature, keeping a back in for extra protection, how and when to use traps against him, etc. And then that was how the training was handled.

It could do that weekly and tell you what your opponent is strong and weak at, who their top 4 to 5 players are, and then allow you to select how to practice for that weak by letting you either pick to slow a player or two down or picking a practice that teaches you to slow what they are good at or how to expose what they are weak at.

I also am really crossing my fingers the CPU is impacted by the scenario engine also, but we haven't heard that still and it is making me thing it is because it is only going to apply to the user. If that is the case it will be very disappointing. First, it will give us a huge advantage with all of the extra XP and the ability to bump up our players' development traits more frequently and during the season. Second, if I am having trouble keeping a happy locker room because I have an offensive player or two who both demand the ball more, but I don't do it so the morale of the team lowers and plays worse and then eventually the players demand trades, it will be very silly to see those players go to a CPU team and not complain one bit if they aren't being used anymore. It really needs to affect the user and CPU to give the CFM some life.

I also agree 100% with making the league news be something you see immediately inside of the CFM. The top news stories of each week need to be plastered upfront and in our faces the second we load our CFM, the second we advance our CFM, and the second we are out of our games. That will make the CFM feel alive as well. Seeing stories around the league will make it feel like you aren't the only team existing. And if the scenario engine does affect the CPU teams and that news is fed to you conveniently and constantly when you play you will see the drama around the league develop and feel even more immersed in the mode. I want to load my CFM up and see a story talking about a star WR holding out or demanding a trade or just being unhappy. I want to advance it 3 weeks later and see an update on the story. I'd love to see the scenario engine have the Giants beginning to think about starting Daniel Jones and the rumor mill about that fires up and it becomes a weekly story of whether or not they finally pull the trigger there. Then when they finally do and you advance the CFM, the second you are into the new week it has the big news story talking about how his start went and how it is the start of a new era in New York.

If this scenario engine is done properly it really can take CFM to the next level finally. There are still plenty of issues with the mode from contracts to the progression system to the trade system, but finally having league-wide stories developing could be huge.

howboutdat 06-21-2019 08:53 AM

" I was a little disappointed with the lack of new stuff in CFM but also understand that EA may not want to invest in something that works"

This to me is a horrible thought process. "it works" so dont bother improving it eventhough its extremely shallow and has been in need of so much for so long...... Or how about how far behind it is even from past madden franchise modes over a decade old?

Franchise makes them money, 2K has proven it does and there is no way they invest what they invest in their franchise if they thought it did not profit them.

The fact is EA sold us a new "focus on franchise " once again and extremely under delivered. There is no way to sugar coat this and really wish people would stop doing that because all your doing is helping EA feel like its not that bad.

For those saying " well hopefully next gen they really invest in franchise" . Who are you kidding but yourself ? We have been saying that this whole entire generation of the current consoles and have gotten crumbs the whole way. I have no idea why anyone would believe they will ever care about franchise again.

kennylc321 06-21-2019 09:05 AM

"Another new feature is the addition of a playable Pro Bowl. You now are able to play the Pro Bowl in your CFM."

I stopped reading after that. "New?!?!?!"

edgevoice 06-21-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049815734)
----------. 1) I'd love to see the gameplan scenario every single week and it actually be used a little more strategically and not just about goals. I'd like to see more strategy added to the game like specifically double teaming certain players and chipping linemen and more. Those scenarios would be neat if it was telling you about the threat of Fletcher Cox like it does now, but instead of just being goal oriented it asked if you'd like to go into practice mode and train to stop him. Then the game taught you all of the mechanics to stop him like the hypothetically new doubleteam feature, keeping a back in for extra protection, how and when to use traps against him, etc. And then that was how the training was handled.

It could do that weekly and tell you what your opponent is strong and weak at, who their top 4 to 5 players are, and then allow you to select how to practice for that weak by letting you either pick to slow a player or two down or picking a practice that teaches you to slow what they are good at or how to expose what they are weak at. ------------------------------

I absolutely would love to see this excellent suggestion actually in the game. I would also like to have the feeling that the CPU AI is gameplanning against my core offensive and defensive tendencies, along with personnel strengths as well.

m1ke_nyc 06-21-2019 10:11 AM

Playing the pro bowl is not a new feature. It was removed, now it’s put back in. Overall maybe there focus is to go big with franchise for the launch of the new consoles next year. But that’s wishful thinking.

Armor and Sword 06-21-2019 11:02 AM

If we are being honest CFM was basically exactly the same on the Beta as 19.

I am reserving ultimate judgement till I play the retail version and see and play with the fully built out “Scenario Engine”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports