Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Calling up a youth to the senior squad (/forums/showthread.php?t=954311)

Slyone14 06-24-2019 12:59 PM

Calling up a youth to the senior squad

HI,

I am totally new to Fifa 19. I cant figure out where the screen is to call up a youth in the academy to my senior squad is? They all threaten to leave and just leave, cause i cant find where to do it. Any tips is appreciated.

Second, in MLS, how do you all maintain a positive budget? Soon as my transfer window ups, i use half of my budget and im ALWAYs in red. I dont have this problem in England and the premier leagues but MLS. Any advice?

Azamien 06-24-2019 01:26 PM

Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyone14 (Post 2049818084)
HI,

I am totally new to Fifa 19. I cant figure out where the screen is to call up a youth in the academy to my senior squad is? They all threaten to leave and just leave, cause i cant find where to do it. Any tips is appreciated.

Second, in MLS, how do you all maintain a positive budget? Soon as my transfer window ups, i use half of my budget and im ALWAYs in red. I dont have this problem in England and the premier leagues but MLS. Any advice?

Go to your youth academy and select the player you want to promote and bring up the actions menu. The academy itself is underneath the "Youth Staff" menu. Highlight "Youth Staff" and click to the right with your right stick to switch it.

As for your second question, MLS teams have significantly lower budgets than EPL teams. You have to control your spending much more carefully. There's not much else to it.

Slyone14 06-24-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azamien (Post 2049818114)
Go to your youth academy and select the player you want to promote and bring up the actions menu. The academy itself is underneath the "Youth Staff" menu. Highlight "Youth Staff" and click to the right with your right stick to switch it.

As for your second question, MLS teams have significantly lower budgets than EPL teams. You have to control your spending much more carefully. There's not much else to it.

Okay, thank you I値l have to look when I get home from work. But, when I click on the youth academy, if I remember right, it only shows my 3 scouts and from there the guys I知 scouted. Once I sign them , they disappear. So. From your instructions I知 missing something.

So I had a 16 million transfer budget as Real salt lake and so when the transfer window opened I used it all and never recovered. So from what your telling me, I think I値l have to build through youth academy and sign 1 small player.

With Montreal what is your general strategy for transfer budget and youth?

Thank you again

Azamien 06-24-2019 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyone14 (Post 2049818138)
Okay, thank you I値l have to look when I get home from work. But, when I click on the youth academy, if I remember right, it only shows my 3 scouts and from there the guys I知 scouted. Once I sign them , they disappear. So. From your instructions I知 missing something.

So I had a 16 million transfer budget as Real salt lake and so when the transfer window opened I used it all and never recovered. So from what your telling me, I think I値l have to build through youth academy and sign 1 small player.

With Montreal what is your general strategy for transfer budget and youth?

Thank you again

Instead of clicking through the "Youth Staff" section on the menu, use your right stick (d-pad might work, too) to change the menu to "Youth Academy."

It should look like the image below (except my academy is greyed out right now since it's currently empty.)

As for playing as Montreal, I don't very much, really. The league is nearly always out-of-date because of a combination of its expansion vs FIFA's release schedule. And it was even worse this year because of MLS's decision to have an odd number of teams, and FIFA doesn't handle that very well. After year one the schedule is an absolute flustercluck, including whole months off after playing four matches in seven days.

When I do, I just try to spend in the same way a real MLS team does. Low-cost or free transfers mixed with academy products. And if I get a great offer for one of my players, I generally take it. The level of the typical MLS player makes most of them pretty replaceable.

coach422001 06-24-2019 07:20 PM

If you signed a youth player, he should be in your main roster page where you're setting up the team...the issue may be though if they are too young, I don't think they let you call them up (I don't think you can call up a 14 y.o., for example). Older games would let you know when they are available for your squad. I think they should show up in your training menu. I've only signed one player for Palace but I honestly don't recall if he is in the senior squad list or not (haven't played in a few months).

Slyone14 06-24-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azamien (Post 2049818229)
Instead of clicking through the "Youth Staff" section on the menu, use your right stick (d-pad might work, too) to change the menu to "Youth Academy."

It should look like the image below (except my academy is greyed out right now since it's currently empty.)

As for playing as Montreal, I don't very much, really. The league is nearly always out-of-date because of a combination of its expansion vs FIFA's release schedule. And it was even worse this year because of MLS's decision to have an odd number of teams, and FIFA doesn't handle that very well. After year one the schedule is an absolute flustercluck, including whole months off after playing four matches in seven days.

When I do, I just try to spend in the same way a real MLS team does. Low-cost or free transfers mixed with academy products. And if I get a great offer for one of my players, I generally take it. The level of the typical MLS player makes most of them pretty replaceable.

Perfect man, thanks. Found it. I really appreciate it

fifajee 06-27-2019 05:12 PM

we're on the same boat, thanks to this forum solve my issue too..