Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Pros and Cons of delaying NBA Live 20 announcement (/forums/showthread.php?t=954331)

dynastymgrguy 06-25-2019 01:05 PM

Pros and Cons of delaying NBA Live 20 announcement

I am just wondering... what is the benefit of holding off so long for EA to announce NBA Live 20? Unless I missed something, and I search all the time, I have not seen any official announcement that NBA Live 20 is happening.

I'm in marketing, but I don't know of any marketing playbook that fits this situation. I do believe that teasing is sometimes good, to build up desire. But NBA Live has a bad track record and delaying and withholding info creates more sceptism than desire. Frustrating your market seems like a "con" not a "pro".

I'm seeing more fake news about NBA Live 20 being cancelled on YouTube (unverified info) -- and seems EA can "simply" prevent this by announcing that Live 20 is on the way. And lord, I try to avoid the social media guys who think they have all the answers -- and that's not where I want to go for a legitimate/professional news source.

To anyone reading this, can you tell me a "Pro" (positive benefit) from not announcing any info about NBA Live 20 while the negative news proliferates the internet?

I liked NBA Live 19. If it had more depth in Franchise, I would have played it more. I think the game is beautifully designed, great UI, love the arena atmosphere. It had it's own features to set itself apart from NBA 2K.

michaelhawj 06-25-2019 01:35 PM

Re: Pros and Cons of delaying NBA Live 20 announcement

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy (Post 2049818836)
I am just wondering... what is the benefit of holding off so long for EA to announce NBA Live 20? Unless I missed something, and I search all the time, I have not seen any official announcement that NBA Live 20 is happening.

I'm in marketing, but I don't know of any marketing playbook that fits this situation. I do believe that teasing is sometimes good, to build up desire. But NBA Live has a bad track record and delaying and withholding info creates more sceptism than desire. Frustrating your market seems like a "con" not a "pro".

I'm seeing more fake news about NBA Live 20 being cancelled on YouTube (unverified info) -- and seems EA can "simply" prevent this by announcing that Live 20 is on the way. And lord, I try to avoid the social media guys who think they have all the answers -- and that's not where I want to go for a legitimate/professional news source.

To anyone reading this, can you tell me a "Pro" (positive benefit) from not announcing any info about NBA Live 20 while the negative news proliferates the internet?

I liked NBA Live 19. If it had more depth in Franchise, I would have played it more. I think the game is beautifully designed, great UI, love the arena atmosphere. It had it's own features to set itself apart from NBA 2K.

same for NBA 2k20 too. i am very excited for NBA 2k20 more than NBA Live 20. i have no clues what is going on between both games have no announcements yet

dynastymgrguy 06-25-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelhawj (Post 2049818869)
same for NBA 2k20 too. i am very excited for NBA 2k20 more than NBA Live 20. i have no clues what is going on between both games have no announcements yet

As sure as the sun will rise, NBA 2K20 is on the way.

michaelhawj 06-25-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy (Post 2049818887)
As sure as the sun will rise, NBA 2K20 is on the way.

you mean news coming very soon ? EA need improve and add some new features to Franchise Mode for NBA Live 20 but gameplay is pretty good in NBA Live 19.. NHL 20 added some new features to Franchise Mode

TecmoZack 06-25-2019 02:46 PM

No announcement from either game. 2k announced Greek Freak on July 2nd last year. I'm not worries about the timing at all.

dynastymgrguy 06-25-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TecmoZack (Post 2049818934)
No announcement from either game. 2k announced Greek Freak on July 2nd last year. I'm not worries about the timing at all.

Don't think ANYONE is worried about NBA 2K20 (news or no news). I think 2K knows that their market share isn't in any danger.

TecmoZack 06-25-2019 04:49 PM

Pros and Cons of delaying NBA Live 20 announcement

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy (Post 2049818993)
Don't think ANYONE is worried about NBA 2K20 (news or no news). I think 2K knows that their market share isn't in any danger.

I was just referring that the other game (2k) did not announce until July. I know no one is concerned or worried about them. It is not a big deal to have nothing announced to me in June. Mid July no news? That would be no bueno for Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

CujoMatty 06-25-2019 06:08 PM

I’m not worried at all.

I have no idea if this is the case so it’s wild speculation but the only real pro I could think of possibly is that Live is waiting to see what 2k announces and really was focused on this year. That way they can put together a marketing plan that maybe fits some areas that 2k hasn’t focused on. Live has to know that they can’t really compete head to head yet so maybe they can find an edge to promote being different?

I dunno that’s a pretty big reach on my part but it was the only pro I could possibly think of lol.