Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   All star best level? (/forums/showthread.php?t=954404)

PDibby23 06-27-2019 02:38 PM

All star best level?

I play on legend pitch speed max for the challenge but it seems I’ve heard some people say the game just plays best, or most realistic on all star. Anyone have an opinion on this?

countryboy 06-27-2019 02:41 PM

Re: All star best level?

I play on default Legend and the game plays great and realistic for me.

I think its all about preference and skill level that varies based on hitting and pitching mechanic you use and other options you set.

I don't think there is a "perfect" level

JoshC1977 06-27-2019 03:22 PM

As a classic pitching/directional hitting 'clean screen, no vibration' guy, I look for a difficulty setting that maximizes player ratings vs user input. In my opinion, the difficulties above All Star begin to dilute that a bit as the CPU begins playing more and more above their ratings. That said, I have found that very modest one-click slider changes can amplify the mental challenge of the level a bit more. But, that's me...and for me it is perfect.

What is "perfect" for you may be quite different based on what is most important to you.

kinsmen7 06-27-2019 04:06 PM

I'm getting reasonably realistic results with:

-Allstar hitting
-HOF meter pitching
-Armor's sliders

But, I've also turned off the vibration, strike zone graphic and PCI graphic.

Bullit 06-27-2019 06:57 PM

Back in the day we had a few discussions and the old info from the Developers. All Star was the median level. Meaning that any pluses or minus to difficulty between the CPU and the Player where non existent. Whether this is still the case I have no idea. But this is the level I play on with default sliders and I like my results and gameplay.

2OutRally 06-28-2019 07:42 AM

All Star hitting and HOF pitching has always been the sweet spot for me since forever. You legend players are complete psychos :grin:

cactusruss 06-28-2019 08:10 AM

I play on dynamic difficulty until I get all star + for hitting then lock that in. HOF for pitching.

TheWarmWind 06-28-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullit (Post 2049820831)
Back in the day we had a few discussions and the old info from the Developers. All Star was the median level. Meaning that any pluses or minus to difficulty between the CPU and the Player where non existent. Whether this is still the case I have no idea. But this is the level I play on with default sliders and I like my results and gameplay.

I believe that could have been true once, but there is no way it is true now across all interface choices.

I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I play with pulse pitching and directional hitting. I have a tradition each year when I get the newest version: one exhibition game of Blue Jays @ Cubs. I decided based on the language of the streams to start on HoF/HoF. I ended up pitching a complete game shutout with Marcus Stroman. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app