Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   So, what new team are you going to join in MyCareer on 2k20? (/forums/showthread.php?t=954764)

Caelumfang 07-06-2019 05:55 PM

So, what new team are you going to join in MyCareer on 2k20?

With all the moving pieces in FA, is there any team that seems appealing to you?

Personally, I’ve given thought to going to the Clippers. Since I play on HoF, I don’t know if I have the patience to deal with both Kawhi AND PG on the defensive end, of defense is anything like it is in 2k19. Screw that, lol.

Hustle Westbrook 07-06-2019 08:25 PM

Re: So, what new team are you going to join in MyCareer on 2k20?

I'm leaning towards Miami. Golden State, Milwaukee and Brooklyn are also in my sights.

Marvlus91 07-06-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caelumfang (Post 2049829102)
With all the moving pieces in FA, is there any team that seems appealing to you?

Personally, I’ve given thought to going to the Clippers. Since I play on HoF, I don’t know if I have the patience to deal with both Kawhi AND PG on the defensive end, of defense is anything like it is in 2k19. Screw that, lol.

i play point guard a lot so i’ll have to deal with Pat Bev lol that’s why i’m leaning towards the Clips as well. those three are going to be a nightmare playing against in Mycareer.

Vic_Clancy 07-06-2019 09:51 PM

I think it’s fun to go against those guys.

I’ll want my PG in the west, so either LAL to help them out if they don’t pull someone in, or PHX. I actually had fun with them this year in a side my career I played.

For my SF/PF, I’m bringing him home to the Wizards.

The Gym Reaper 07-07-2019 01:52 AM

The Lakers @ the PG slot.

Jrocc23 07-07-2019 02:06 AM

I am still thinking but most likely going to the 76ers. Would love to go to the Clippers to be out west and compete against those teams but Lou Will has my #23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kirkangil 07-07-2019 02:18 AM

Hopefully I can rep up as fast online as playing bots so I dont have to play the my career this year.

But if I have to play the a.i. those clippers look mean on paper.

illwill10 07-07-2019 03:52 AM

I would really prefer they go back to the draft format. I'm getting tired of the undrafted underdog storylines. It is convenient for you to be able to choose which team you want to play with from the jump. But I want that realism of not having control. Just keep rhe same format they had for years where you can enter FA after year 1.

I'm on the fence on whether I want to play Mycareer this year. I have only played Mycareer since it's conception. But last couple years with these archetype systems and not even being able to control how I upgrade my player, I might just do a Player Lock MyLeague. I'm a offline MyCareer player. I can have fun being able to play GM once my player gets to 90. My career Teammates have gotten a lot better last 2-3 years. Before then, MyCareer waa built around your player scoring 40-50+ points a game just to win. Now, I can have a realistic statistical game and win. I just have gotten tired of these restrictive archetypes. I'm a offline player, I don't want to be limited to what these builds produce. We're pretty much glorified role players relying on badges to make up for average ratings and forced to start out at 60 OVR because they want to force you to spend extra money to make your player competitive faster. So I might stick with MyLeague Player Lock.

Rant finished. I usually do Frontcourt builds and have more fun. But I feel it is little too easy as a big man in MyCareer. Then I usually do PGs. I almost never commit to doing a wing player. So I want to create a Two-Way SF. I usually don't play on competitive teams in MyCareer. I usually play on a young team with another promising rookie. So I can just focus mainly on developing player year 1. Where I hope the team has a low enough record to get a top 6-9 pick in following draft. 2k's generated players can get OP at times. I remember I'm 2k18 my team ended up with #1 pick and that guy was a phenom by year 3. So looking at a young team with a promising rookie that needs a SF. I leaning heavily towards The Memphis Grizzlies. They'll have Morant, JJJ, and Brooks. It'll allow my player to be primary defender and scorer.