Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Let us see who our opponent is picking (/forums/showthread.php?t=954810)

micmuted 07-08-2019 12:16 AM

Let us see who our opponent is picking

In UFC 4

if i’m gonna be facing cormier, conor, gsp and jacare every fight i should be given the opportunity to counter pick

this way you might actually get to face more than the same 3 or 4 fighters also

tomitomitomi 07-08-2019 12:13 PM

Re: Let us see who our opponent is picking

And how exactly would you determine who picks first? If it's simultaneous then what's stopping people from waiting until the countdown is at 1 and then locking in their character?

Evil97 07-08-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomitomitomi (Post 2049830326)
And how exactly would you determine who picks first? If it's simultaneous then what's stopping people from waiting until the countdown is at 1 and then locking in their character?

Double confirmation with a timer with a loss if you back out (unless internet is at red bars). If your opponent still won't commit or is shady with it, just go straight to your top pick towards the end of the timer. This would open up the fighters being used big time. Way better than just picking a top fighter because you are forced to go in blind.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Kingslayer04 07-08-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil97 (Post 2049830345)
Double confirmation with a timer with a loss if you back out (unless internet is at red bars). If your opponent still won't commit or is shady with it, just go straight to your top pick towards the end of the timer. This would open up the fighters being used big time. Way better than just picking a top fighter because you are forced to go in blind.

And wait a whole minute before each fight just to be sure the other guy won't be able to pull some ****? Nah.

It would be better to just heavily incentivise picking lower rated fighters, or better yet, incentivise selecting and automatically locking a fighter at random. Obviously higher rated fighters will still get fewer points for a win and lower rated ones won't suffer for a loss to a top one and all that.

Evil97 07-08-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingslayer04 (Post 2049830471)
And wait a whole minute before each fight just to be sure the other guy won't be able to pull some ****? Nah.

It would be better to just heavily incentivise picking lower rated fighters, or better yet, incentivise selecting and automatically locking a fighter at random. Obviously higher rated fighters will still get fewer points for a win and lower rated ones won't suffer for a loss to a top one and all that.

It wouldn't be a minute each fight. That would be the extreme if you run into a shady player. Most would get selected and double confirmed on a fairly smooth basis. I'm not going to argue that it won't increase the matchup time as a whole, but it's not going to be the extreme wait every fight that many fear. I also think the added time would be well worth it.
Also to clarify on double confirmation, you do not need to wait in fear. You can lock in, but if you opponent pulls back and switches, this would unlock you.

Kingslayer04 07-08-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil97 (Post 2049830569)
It wouldn't be a minute each fight. That would be the extreme if you run into a shady player. Most would get selected and double confirmed on a fairly smooth basis. I'm not going to argue that it won't increase the matchup time as a whole, but it's not going to be the extreme wait every fight that many fear. I also think the added time would be well worth it.
Also to clarify on double confirmation, you do not need to wait in fear. You can lock in, but if you opponent pulls back and switches, this would unlock you.

Mate, most people play ranked to win. Seeing the other guy's fighter will just prompt people to look for counter picks. Especially with a loss if you back out, which is what you suggest. If he picks a McGregor what are you gonna do, still pick Diego Sanchez or look for a Khabib or a Ferguson? Or eat the loss because you backed out? That ain't it, chief.

Evil97 07-08-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingslayer04 (Post 2049830602)
Mate, most people play ranked to win. Seeing the other guy's fighter will just prompt people to look for counter picks. Especially with a loss if you back out, which is what you suggest. If he picks a McGregor what are you gonna do, still pick Diego Sanchez or look for a Khabib or a Ferguson? Or eat the loss because you backed out? That ain't it, chief.

If he picked McGregor, then I would pick Ferguson or any other top of the tier fighters. Of course if we could also see the gamertag, I would even venture into worse fighters if it netted me more points. I love the idea. Sorry....pal[emoji6]

RomeroXVII 07-08-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micmuted (Post 2049830054)
In UFC 4

if i’m gonna be facing cormier, conor, gsp and jacare every fight i should be given the opportunity to counter pick

this way you might actually get to face more than the same 3 or 4 fighters also

Na, just have there be a better incentive to use different characters with different movesets and clear strengths + more points for lower rated fighters beating higher rated fighters.

For the meantime, find characters and familiarize yourself with their movesets to shut other fighters down + change your style accordingly don't play the same way with everyone. Professor313 is probably one of the best players who uses lower rated fighters, and he takes the time to figure out things about them that people don't really know.