Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   How many of you have put $5 down on a preorder and forgotten about it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=955104)

ODogg 07-15-2019 11:06 AM

How many of you have put $5 down on a preorder and forgotten about it?

I was just wondering how much money Gamestop and others are making on customers who plunk down $5 to preorder a title and then forget about it and just lose that $5.

So I ask all of you, who here has ever preordered a game for $5 down (or whatever amount) and then forgotten about it when the game came out?

Anyone?

NoleFan 07-16-2019 10:20 PM

Re: How many of you have put $5 down on a preorder and forgotten about it?

I think I’ve got $5 on a preorder at GameStop and don’t even own a console now. I’m going to get my money tomorrow. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fsufan4423 07-17-2019 03:47 PM

I’ve done it, walked into GameStop knowing I’ve done it, and they still didn’t mention it at check out until I said something. If you look around on YouTube, you’ll find ex employees who claim that GameStop encourages them not to mention it.

I’m sure they make a killing on it.

ODogg 07-18-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsufan4423 (Post 2049838278)
I’ve done it, walked into GameStop knowing I’ve done it, and they still didn’t mention it at check out until I said something. If you look around on YouTube, you’ll find ex employees who claim that GameStop encourages them not to mention it.

I’m sure they make a killing on it.

You know now that I think about it I do recall employees encouraging me "oh you only need $5" when I tried to pay the full amount. That makes sense because they know you maybe will forget $5 but you will NOT forget a full game you bought.

franch1se 08-20-2019 12:14 PM

Never. Whenever you put it down you get a giant CVS sized receipt you can't lose lol. But IF I pre-order now it's usually only a day or 2 in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

itsmb8 08-23-2019 05:16 AM

Ive done it before, went back and asked about it, and they claimed it wasnt in the system...

But now i just make all preorders digitally.

Murph 08-23-2019 11:04 AM

I always thought GameStop called you to let you know your reserved game was in and ready for pickup.

m1ke_nyc 08-24-2019 03:51 PM

I have . This was some years back. I pre ordered Madden forget which version it was. Completely forgot about it. One day I went to GameStop and happened to remember. I forget which game I got that day but it was either Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe or Fight Night Round 4.