Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Boiler Up: The Rise of Purdue Football (NCAA 14) (/forums/showthread.php?t=955111)

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 12:44 PM

Boiler Up: The Rise of Purdue Football (NCAA 14)

What's up OS! I have recently acquired an elgato game capture device, and I'm really excited to bring a dynasty with actually game footage and screenshots to this forum. I'm hoping that using screenshots and stuff will cut down on what has burnt me out in the past (boring time filling out stats and what not). I'm really excited about this dynasty!

As you can see, I've chosen to roll with Purdue in this dynasty. My goal is to stay with the Boilermakers until Rondale Moore leaves. At that time, Jeff Brohm will be open to the idea of pursuing other jobs. I'll be using a custom slider set, playing with fatigue off and 8 minute quarters (this may change to 9). I will be playing 6 games regular season games, plus any post season games every season. I will play the first and last regular season game. Two of the games I play will be away games.

Recruiting Rules
A few years ago I took 3 seasons of recruiting data and looked at the average signing class for every team. Using this info, I developed a prestige based system where my recruiting class will mirror the CPU. We all know that it is way too easy to recruit in this game. In year one Purdue is a 3 star prestige school. So our recruiting limitations are as follows: 1 four star, 9 three star, 5 two star, 4 one star. Using this method means that your program HAS to win and increase its prestige in order to recruit better. It also means that you really have to put thought in to who those top 10 recruits are.

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 01:49 PM

Re: Boiler Up: The Rise of Purdue Football (NCAA 14)

Offensive Preview

Quarterbacks
Senior David Blough (#11) will lead the Boilermakers offense this year. Blough has played in 31 games at Purdue, completing 566 of his 967 pass attempts (58.5%) for 6029 yards and 44 touchdowns with 33 interceptions. Coach Brohm has said that Blough has made significant progress this offseason, and he believes that Blough will have his best season yet this year.

Running Backs
Senior DJ Knox (#1) will lead the Purdue rushing attack this season. Knox has 970 career yards on 198 carries. Senior Markell Jones (#8) will also see a significant amount of carries this year. Jones has over 2000 yards in his career at Purdue, and the speedster will create a solid one-two punch for the Boilermakers.

Wide Receivers
The Purdue coaching staff is incredibly high on incoming freshman Rondale Moore (#4). Moore is a four star recruit from Louisville, KY who stands at 5'9, 180 pounds. However, Moore runs a 4.33 fourty and can squat 600 pounds. The freshman has impressed in fall camp, and Brohm expects him to play a huge role in the offense this season. Senior Isaac Zico and sophomore Jared Sparks will also contribute on the outside this season.

Offensive Line and Tight Ends
Purdue has two solid tight ends in Brycen Hopkins (#89) and Cole Herdman (#88). Brohm will look to utilize double tight sets to get both of the big men on the field at the same time.
The offensive line should be the best it has been in years at Purdue. The Boilermakers will start three seniors. Sophomore left tackle Grant Hermanns has developed in to one of the best offensive linemen in the Big 10. And junior right tackle Matt McCann will look to continue his improvement.

Coach's Input
In 2017 Purdue's offense made significant strides forward under Jeff Brohm. In year 2 we expect the playbook to expand and open up more as David Blough's understanding of the offense increases. New weapon Rondale Moore will only increase the possibilities. If the Boilermakers can stay healthy up front we can expect a lot of points to be scored this fall.

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 02:10 PM

Defensive Preview

Defensive Line
The defensive line is a young, but talented group, led by junior defensive tackle Lorenzo Neal (#9). Redshirt freshmen Giovanni Reviere (#92) is a 6'5, 270 pound freak of nature who is expected to see significant playing time this year.

Linebackers
The biggest question mark coming in to the season. Junior Markus Bailey (#21) will be a solid outside backer for Purdue, but the other two linebacker spots are up for grabs. Bailey has 195 career tackles, and is garnering NFL attention. The most likely started at inside linebacker will be sophomore Cornel Jones (#46). Coach Brohm has been vocal about his desire for some of the younger linebackers to step up and help improve a young Purdue defense.

Secondary
Redshirt freshmen Kenneth Major III is expected to be a major part of the Boilermakers defense this season. The speedster has impressed in fall camp despite his youth. Junior Navon Mosely (#27) brings significant experience to this group, and should be a leading tackler this season. Senior Jacob Theineman (#41) is the vocal leader of the Purdue defense, and will return to his starting strong safety role after a 73 tackle season in 2017.

Coach's Input
With just 4 starters returning from last year's defense there is significant work to do for the Boilermakers. There is enough talent for Purdue to compete in the Big 10 this season, but it will definitely take a solid coaching performance to get there. The offense will put up points, and it may do so in a hurry, so we expect the defense to spend plenty of time on the field. If the Boilermakers can find two or three new contributors they should be in good shape in 2018.

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 02:22 PM

With the season just around the corner let's take a look at the 2018 Purdue Boilermakers schedule. Purdue will travel to Boston College week one, followed by non-conference matchups with Missouri and Eastern Michigan. The Big 10 opener comes on September 21st at Minnesota. The next stretch will define the Boilermakers season as they will travel to Notre Dame, then host Northwestern, Nebraska, and Wisconsin before a 3 game road stint. The season will end at Ross-Ade Stadium when Indiana comes to town.

The experts believe the jury is still out on this Purdue team, but many believe that the Boilermakers are very capable of beating one of the three ranked teams on their schedule. Our prediction: 8-4.

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 02:31 PM

Week one is finally here! College Gameday will be on everyone's television Saturday morning, and college football fans across the nation will rejoice as they return to their tailgates and favorite stadiums. Purdue will open the season at Boston College in what the experts predict will be a low scoring affair. Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso both picked Boston College on Gameday this morning, so consider that fuel added to the fire. Our prediction: 24-17 Purdue.

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 04:13 PM

Purdue Starts Season With Win

Rondale Moore stares down the Boston College crowd after his 79 yard touchdown catch

Chestnut Hill, MA --- The Purdue Boilermakers won a hard fought defensive struggle at Boston College on Saturday afternoon. Many expected the low scoring game, but not many experts believed Purdue had what it took to come out of this game with a win.

Both teams got off to a slow start. The first score of the game came when Boston College running back AJ Dillon punched in a 6 yard run with 1:41 left in the first quarter. Purdue had three offensive drives in the first quarter and punted on all three. The second quarter saw a little more offensive production as both teams found the scoreboard. Purdue scored on a 36 yard pass from Blough to Burgess to tie the game. With 36 seconds left in the half Boston College kicked a field goal to take a 10-7 lead in to the locker room.

Purdue made some great half time adjustments and came out to dominate most of the second half. Boston College did not score again, and the Boilermakers scored 13 to secure their win. The first play of the fourth quarter came after a Boston College missed field goal. Blough found Moore over the middle on a play action pass and the freshmen went 79 yards after breaking a few tackles (video below). This game signaled the true arrival of Rondale Moore as an offensive force that the Big 10 will have to reckon with for years to come. The freshmen finished with 135 yards on 6 catches, including the 79 yard touchdown.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pEr22wUd1S4?start=1" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 04:15 PM

Scores from the Big 10 in week 1. Rutgers sucks and LOL Ohio State. Not pictured: Iowa 23 Northern Illinois 21.

Big 10 players of the week from week 1.

National players of the week from week 1.

Miles Perry 07-15-2019 04:32 PM

Week two will see the Missouri Tigers travel to Ross-Ade Stadium. Purdue's home opener being against a SEC opponent has a lot of fans excited. The Mizzou passing attack will definitely be a bigger threat than last week's Boston College team. Coach Brohm is excited to see how the secondary handles a pro-level quarterback. The Tigers won their season opener against FCS Midwest in dominant fashion. This should be one of the better matchups in week two.