Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Statistical Breakdown of Madden 20 Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=955135)

T4VERTS 07-16-2019 07:49 AM

Statistical Breakdown of Madden 20 Ratings

I did this last year and decided to bring it back this year. I am posting a new set of data or two to my blog each day, but I'll bring them over here the day after to share with the OS community. This all culminates where I use each of the 8-10 analytics to rank the top teams 1-32 for franchise.

FULL RANKING CHART

Spoiler

Youth Power Index

Spoiler

Points Per Age

Spoiler

ALL-PPA Team
Spoiler

O-Line Breakdown

Spoiler

Adjusted QB Ranking

Spoiler

Team Speed Ranking

Spoiler

Pass Rush Unit Rankings

Spoiler

Secondary Coverage Rankings

Spoiler

PhillyPhanatic14 07-16-2019 08:16 AM

Re: Statistical Breakdown of Madden 20 Ratings

This is incredible man. Can you post or PM me a link to your blog?

T4VERTS 07-16-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2049836929)
This is incredible man. Can you post or PM me a link to your blog?

It's in my signature.

Therebelyell626 07-16-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4VERTS (Post 2049836916)
I did this last year and decided to bring it back this year. I am posting a new set of data or two to my blog each day, but I'll bring them over here the day after to share with the OS community. This all culminates where I use each of the 8-10 analytics to rank the top teams 1-32 for franchise.

Youth Power Index

The first data set is my Youth Power Index. I created a formula pulling in every player on each team under the age of 27 and then assigned them to OVR buckets. I assigned a modifier score to each bucket and then added up each teams total score to give them what I refer to as a Youth Power Rating, or YPR. YPR is meant to give an idea of how strong the youth on a team is to allow people to look at a teams future potential.

Spoiler

Points Per Age

This one wasn't on my blog it was just something I noticed while looking through the spreadsheets. This score is basically a players OVR divided across there age. The idea is it shows who the youngest and best players are. Not earth shattering, however is interesting to note CLE/NO just dominant with young guys.

Spoiler

ALL-PPA Team
Spoiler

Dude I just checked out your blog, and it is awesome! Can't believe I have ever stumbled upon it before. Nice job!

T4VERTS 07-16-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therebelyell626 (Post 2049837101)
Dude I just checked out your blog, and it is awesome! Can't believe I have ever stumbled upon it before. Nice job!

Thanks, always appreciated.

T4VERTS 07-16-2019 01:37 PM

Updated with O line breakdown.

stinkubus 07-16-2019 01:46 PM

Using PBK rating seems sort of sketchy since that rating didn't have an in-game function in M19. Once the full game drops hopefully MUT Leaks will have all that info for us quick.

Would it be much work to rerun the OL index using a composite of PBF and PBP instead?

T4VERTS 07-16-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049837223)
Using PBK rating seems sort of sketchy since that rating didn't have an in-game function in M19. Once the full game drops hopefully MUT Leaks will have all that info for us quick.

Would it be much work to rerun the OL index using a composite of PBF and PBP instead?

Pass Block in game is weighted score of the Pass blocking stats same as Run blocking. Think of them as the "OVR" of the more granular stats below them.