Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Juventes no longer in FIFA 20! (/forums/showthread.php?t=955138)

jrnlgrn 07-16-2019 09:37 AM

Juventes no longer in FIFA 20!

Since FIFA lost the rights to Juventes we now get to play with the mighty Piemonte Calcio!! So just like the Argentinian league doesn't have their biggest club (Boca Juniors) now we have the same for Series A. RIP Juve.

"Piemonte Calcio will become the new playable team in FIFA 20 with a custom badge and kit."

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/news/f...ntus-ea-sports

JayD 07-16-2019 10:05 AM

Re: Juventes no longer in FIFA 20!

You've got to be kidding me. Is the same thing going to happen to Bayern? Way to go EA for not doing crap with your partnerships

jrnlgrn 07-16-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2049837004)
You've got to be kidding me. Is the same thing going to happen to Bayern? Way to go EA for not doing crap with your partnerships

Hopefully not. I think the only thing we lose with Bayern is Allianz Arena not sure. Things might different when they license an entire league like the are supposed to be doing with the Bundesliga this year.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk

PhillyPhanatic14 07-16-2019 11:27 AM

It's a yearly tradition of Fifa finding ways to remove content rather than adding new content. Classic.

KennyJ1976 07-16-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2049837004)

Bayern will still be licensed. Only their stadium is gone. Which is bad enough.

ILuvMN81 07-16-2019 01:47 PM

Pretty lame, IMO.

I'm fine with EA having competition (see Madden and NHL series for reasons) and I actually like PES; I played both for 2019 since Xbox game pass offered PES from January through presumably July (as was the case in 2018, hopefully 2020 too). As bad as aspects of FIFA have become, I like having the real EPL, MLS and Liga MX. I'll go with PES if I can for Calcio Italia; funny thing is even with Juv exclusive, PES will still be behind EA to a degree if they have to use a generic name for the Italian league.

(As said elsewhere...)I don't understand the point of exclusive team partnerships or licensing, honestly. It's seemingly nothing but a "hey, look what I have!" PR move for publishers, a bit of a money infusion for the clubs but leaves the consumer going huh and why?

ncaafootball14markus 07-16-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrnlgrn (Post 2049837028)
Hopefully not. I think the only thing we lose with Bayern is Allianz Arena not sure. Things might different when they license an entire league like the are supposed to be doing with the Bundesliga this year.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk

FIFA 20 has an exclusive license with the Bundesliga, so all the teams will be included, including Bayern. PES just gets Bayern as a team.

Peter_OS 07-16-2019 05:10 PM

Time to do away with exclusivities and rights to leagues, teams and players on all sports games! The fans do not deserve this. All it's doing is alienating the fans who play your games and making games less authentic. Enough already!