Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Create A Playbook? (/forums/showthread.php?t=955143)

Directshot999 07-16-2019 11:52 AM

Create A Playbook?

I've done a bit of Google searching and can't find a definite answer here. Is this feature still in the game for Madden 20? It's literally a make-or-break for me. Can somebody who's played the beta or with more knowledge than me clarify?

PhillyPhanatic14 07-16-2019 12:27 PM

Re: Create A Playbook?

Don't quote me 100%, but I remember talking with someone on here about gameplans and they were talking about what they saw in the beta with created playbooks so I'm pretty certain it IS in. I know the beta impressions thread has about 1,000 posts but you may find our convo in there. Can't remember where it was.

Iteachpercussion 07-16-2019 12:31 PM

The ability to create custom playbooks was in the beta. There was no change to the process or usability from M19.

stinkubus 07-16-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion (Post 2049837148)
The ability to create custom playbooks was in the beta. There was no change to the process or usability from M19.

If this is the case then I would not recommend M20 if custom books are a make-or-break feature for you. The only practical use for custom books in M19 was to eliminate formations you did not use and setting custom audibles.

If you tried to add formations that weren't originally in your book then once you got to a game they would appear in random order at the play call screen.

If you tried to add plays to formations you already had then the audibles you set would bug out and at least 2-3 formations would not have the right ones once you got into a game.

Custom books have been a big mess since they were reintroduced. The game deciding not to honor the audibles you've selected has been a problem the entire time.

PhillyPhanatic14 07-16-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049837157)
If this is the case then I would not recommend M20 if custom books are a make-or-break feature for you. The only practical use for custom books in M19 was to eliminate formations you did not use and setting custom audibles.

If you tried to add formations that weren't originally in your book then once you got to a game they would appear in random order at the play call screen.

If you tried to add plays to formations you already had then the audibles you set would bug out and at least 2-3 formations would not have the right ones once you got into a game.

Custom books have been a big mess since they were reintroduced. The game deciding not to honor the audibles you've selected has been a problem the entire time.

Everyone gets EA Access for 10 hours regardless of your platform so just try it out and see how it works before assuming they're awful in this game.

Directshot999 07-16-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049837157)

They've been a mess, but they've been a workable mess. Would 10x over rather play with a custom playbook of my own disorganized plays that I eventually get used to than suffer through the countless singleback formations I never use in every other playbook -_-. I always enjoyed taking out all the lame stuff and making the closest thing possible to an air raid game I could make.

stinkubus 07-16-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2049837174)
Everyone gets EA Access for 10 hours regardless of your platform so just try it out and see how it works before assuming they're awful in this game.

I wasn't assuming anything other than the truthfulness of the poster who clearly stated custom books were unchanged in the M20 beta.

Iteachpercussion 07-16-2019 02:00 PM

What really bothers me about custom playbooks is the inability to assign them to CPU teams in franchise mode without a crazy workaround. I can deal with the disorganization and even audibles that do not work correctly.

I also wish you could just start a playbook truly from scratch and that there were no ridiculous rules where certain plays are in the playbook simply because they have to be there. You can remove them, but they are still there.

Overall, while they are not perfect, I am willing to deal with what is there, and it works well enough.