Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Transfer Budget Increase (/forums/showthread.php?t=955180)

Slyone14 07-17-2019 11:49 AM

Transfer Budget Increase

Hey Everyone;

Question for all the experts here. What factors in on owners giving you a increase in your funds? I am using FC Metz and in the first season I was promoted and gained automatic promotion. When my promotion first season came around, my total income or profit was $25 million. They only gave me $8 million that year. I carried over $6 million from the previous year.

What factors determine getting a bigger boast? Are some clubs different? In my Leeds United save, i simmed first season, was second place, was automatically promoted and was amazingly giving a $100 million promotion reward. So they gave me $55 million.

Why didnt i get this in Italy when i won?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. This transfer money confuses me, it doesnt seem to have any reasoning.

coach422001 07-17-2019 02:15 PM

Re: Transfer Budget Increase

You'd think if you were playing with a French club and you won a league in Italy you'd get all kinds of money for such a feat!

But seriously I don't know anything about the algorithm but in real life the promotion and position monies will vary from club to club. Some clubs will have huge transfer budgets that are programmed into the game and others will maintain smaller budgets even when promoted. There is also a setting somewhere in which you can adjust the amount of money going toward transfer but I think that's at the expense of weekly budget (not sure). I haven't been able to follow the French league but a guess would be that the average team transfer budget (maybe outside of PSG) is much less than the EPL (55 million is probably mid-range for the league), and between teams they varied how much of a total intake they would allow to go to the teams to vary things. The same issue is brought up in MLB the Show in terms of how much new money is available for the new year's budget as it isn't an easy forecast or an easy calculation within the game. I usually just take what I get and make due.

did the six million come over as well as the 8 million? I have always been curious as often I don't get through full seasons, if I didn't use budget if they add that back in. My thought would have been no (as an owner, if you didn't use the money I gave you, I'll put it back in my pocket) but just curious what you saw.

Slyone14 07-17-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach422001 (Post 2049838166)
You'd think if you were playing with a French club and you won a league in Italy you'd get all kinds of money for such a feat!

But seriously I don't know anything about the algorithm but in real life the promotion and position monies will vary from club to club. Some clubs will have huge transfer budgets that are programmed into the game and others will maintain smaller budgets even when promoted. There is also a setting somewhere in which you can adjust the amount of money going toward transfer but I think that's at the expense of weekly budget (not sure). I haven't been able to follow the French league but a guess would be that the average team transfer budget (maybe outside of PSG) is much less than the EPL (55 million is probably mid-range for the league), and between teams they varied how much of a total intake they would allow to go to the teams to vary things. The same issue is brought up in MLB the Show in terms of how much new money is available for the new year's budget as it isn't an easy forecast or an easy calculation within the game. I usually just take what I get and make due.

did the six million come over as well as the 8 million? I have always been curious as often I don't get through full seasons, if I didn't use budget if they add that back in. My thought would have been no (as an owner, if you didn't use the money I gave you, I'll put it back in my pocket) but just curious what you saw.

LOl, sorry about the typo! Im still learning confusing rules of soccer. Yeah, i didnt use my transfer budget, so it rolled over. So in total i had $14 million. IT just seemed small but maybe thats because the top teams budgets are so huge.

Another odd thing i found is the Premier league is the only one that I found literally gives you $100 million bonus for getting promoted. In the game its called a Promotion Bonus. This is what allows you to get so much transfer money in the game.

Not sure why that is, maybe its the level of competition jump up but i would think the other 3 big leagues would do the same.

coach422001 07-17-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyone14 (Post 2049838264)
LOl, sorry about the typo! Im still learning confusing rules of soccer. Yeah, i didnt use my transfer budget, so it rolled over. So in total i had $14 million. IT just seemed small but maybe thats because the top teams budgets are so huge.

Another odd thing i found is the Premier league is the only one that I found literally gives you $100 million bonus for getting promoted. In the game its called a Promotion Bonus. This is what allows you to get so much transfer money in the game.

Not sure why that is, maybe its the level of competition jump up but i would think the other 3 big leagues would do the same.

In real life, they call the playoff final for promotion to the EPL something along the lines of the richest game in sports because it is worth so much money to the club that gets promoted. Indeed looking for the 'term' I did see that there is a 100 million promotion bonus. So there's something for the realism in a video game for a change! Then maybe depending on how they set or how you set the portion of intake going to the transfer budget this may impact how much you get. The downside as you had mentioned once before is you can't really rebuild all new like in the NBA or some other sports because the weekly budget gets you too. Depending on highly rated your Leeds squad was going up, if the game played to its ratings you may feel overmatched with many of the current EPL teams but you won't be able to bring in a new highly rated starting 11, which is how it should be. Typically newly promoted teams struggle to stay up so it shouldn't be an easy thing to do, but should be manageable.

Slyone14 07-17-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach422001 (Post 2049838303)
In real life, they call the playoff final for promotion to the EPL something along the lines of the richest game in sports because it is worth so much money to the club that gets promoted. Indeed looking for the 'term' I did see that there is a 100 million promotion bonus. So there's something for the realism in a video game for a change! Then maybe depending on how they set or how you set the portion of intake going to the transfer budget this may impact how much you get. The downside as you had mentioned once before is you can't really rebuild all new like in the NBA or some other sports because the weekly budget gets you too. Depending on highly rated your Leeds squad was going up, if the game played to its ratings you may feel overmatched with many of the current EPL teams but you won't be able to bring in a new highly rated starting 11, which is how it should be. Typically newly promoted teams struggle to stay up so it shouldn't be an easy thing to do, but should be manageable.

Sadly, the $100 million promotion money is only for the Premier League. I have no idea why, do you?

Thank you for answering my questions. Would you mind a few more.

1. How much better is the Premier league compared to all others?

2. For realism, how should a newly promoted team rebuild. Through the youth Academy? Let’s say you have $55 million transfer funds. Should I use it all in first window? Wait till I build a budget?

I’m so used to Nba and NFL. For my team, Leeds, I had a 55 million budget. So I just bought Brazilian Vicinius Junior for 52 million. So now at start I’m negative 52.

My team is same as in normal game. I didn’t make any moves yet.

Thank you again

BROman 07-17-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyone14 (Post 2049838351)
Sadly, the $100 million promotion money is only for the Premier League. I have no idea why, do you?

Thank you for answering my questions. Would you mind a few more.

1. How much better is the Premier league compared to all others?

2. For realism, how should a newly promoted team rebuild. Through the youth Academy? Let’s say you have $55 million transfer funds. Should I use it all in first window? Wait till I build a budget?

I’m so used to Nba and NFL. For my team, Leeds, I had a 55 million budget. So I just bought Brazilian Vicinius Junior for 52 million. So now at start I’m negative 52.

My team is same as in normal game. I didn’t make any moves yet.

Thank you again

1) The PL makes a whole lot more money than any other league. Each club gets $125M, and since they aren't part of the EFL, the don't have to share revenue with the lower tier leagues except for parachute payments for relegated clubs. It's hard to find info on Ligue 1, but I found one French article that member clubs get about $11M each, plus more money based on performance and TV appearances over a 5 year period.

2) I'd buy older players on the cheap or sign some guys on loan. Try to survive your first season, sign guys on expiring contracts in January, and load up for year 2. Metz has a good squad, so you should be OK.

Slyone14 07-17-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROman (Post 2049838375)
1) The PL makes a whole lot more money than any other league. Each club gets $125M, and since they aren't part of the EFL, the don't have to share revenue with the lower tier leagues except for parachute payments for relegated clubs. It's hard to find info on Ligue 1, but I found one French article that member clubs get about $11M each, plus more money based on performance and TV appearances over a 5 year period.

2) I'd buy older players on the cheap or sign some guys on loan. Try to survive your first season, sign guys on expiring contracts in January, and load up for year 2. Metz has a good squad, so you should be OK.

Okay awesome. This is amazing info. It lets me know I’m not crazy. I have been aiming different leagues to see if anyone else gets it. Thank you for saving me more time.

Okay. I’ll try that. First year get players on loan and expiring contracts and save money and my transfer cash and use it year 2.

I do really like the Metz squad. A lot of young talent and my youth academy is actually great. So it’s a start. I was just so confused with Leeds loading up on cash, so I figured I missed something

coach422001 07-18-2019 08:15 AM

Fifa (PES, Football Manager) is a completely different animal than American sports. Personally I would not count on the youth academy to keep my team up as this 'process' (I'm talking to you, 76ers!) would take too long in football. The other mentality to get in is that there are a wealth of players out there through the multitude of leagues, so you're not, like the Knicks, stuck when all your hopes for signing any decent free agent in the league are dashed, because you can look at other leagues in EU, or South America, or Japan, etc. I think rebuild in football is a long, long process (unless you're southampton where you dump everyone at once). When Palace came up Ian Holloway went on a big spending spree and frankly very few players were useful for that squad. I like the idea of finding decent experienced players that aren't too expensive to start improving positions where you see you are weaker than the upcoming year's competitors. Now you spend the bulk of your transfer money in Leeds on one player; if you were already close in ratings to the bottom three and depending on your own skill that may be enough to keep you up, but you may also want to consider selling one or two players to recoup some transfer money to fill in the squad with some talent to get you through the first year. So if you have a 90 striker and your midfield is low 70s, selling the striker, getting a lower rated striker and also improving your midfield with the money you get could be another strategy. It is pretty rare for a team to do what Wolves did last season, so depending on what your board expects from you, you may have to adjust your thinking. If staying up is the priority, take that as the re-build will be slower, taking it one rung at a time. If you go down (and don't get fired) it will be interesting to see how the money dries up and how you'll have to handle the players there. While I like the idea that they will fire you from a job, I think we miss out on the interesting challenge of trying to bring the team you brought up once back into the top flight league again.

Somewhere you can find real Fifa rankings of the world leagues. I like that this is part of football manager. A while ago I played and the EPL dropped in ranking below La Liga which I thought was cool to see.