Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20 (/forums/showthread.php?t=955247)

fiddlerpaul 07-19-2019 02:38 AM

Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

No Sleeves 12 on YT has been in touch with the developers and they announced this and a few other adjustments that may be helpful in giving the game a bit more credible realism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25j18LlpjBk. The fact that the best players in 19 were spammers of the L2 spin move was over the top arcady. This is a step up.

jake19ny 07-19-2019 08:27 AM

Re: Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul (Post 2049839752)
No Sleeves 12 on YT has been in touch with the developers and they announced this and a few other adjustments that may be helpful in giving the game a bit more credible realism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25j18LlpjBk. The fact that the best players in 19 were spammers of the L2 spin move was over the top arcady. This is a step up.

Until they whine and EA caves in. It seems every year they fix something the cheesers and glitchers use they complain and EA gives in. That’s why every year we get a good playing beta and by the end of October the game is garbage

fiddlerpaul 07-19-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake19ny (Post 2049839814)
Until they whine and EA caves in. It seems every year they fix something the cheesers and glitchers use they complain and EA gives in. That’s why every year we get a good playing beta and by the end of October the game is garbage

Ok if you say so Eeyore:34:

jake19ny 07-19-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul (Post 2049839843)
Ok if you say so Eeyore:34:

Did you play 19? The beta was very good and the initial release was good....they made you actually have to play good defense....people cried and it went back to a poke fest and stick lift spam. On offense if you bumped someone they lost a little balance and control of the puck creating better loose puck battles....people cried and pucks went back to being glued on to sticks. Outside of new skating the game reverted to play just like NHL 18.
I’m with you...I hope they do it and stick to it but forgive me for having little faith in this development team.

fiddlerpaul 07-19-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake19ny (Post 2049839891)
Did you play 19? The beta was very good and the initial release was good....they made you actually have to play good defense....people cried and it went back to a poke fest and stick lift spam. On offense if you bumped someone they lost a little balance and control of the puck creating better loose puck battles....people cried and pucks went back to being glued on to sticks. Outside of new skating the game reverted to play just like NHL 18.
I’m with you...I hope they do it and stick to it but forgive me for having little faith in this development team.

I guess I'm wanting to be a glass half full guy. I really don't think they will reverse on the spins. It was a glaring exploit that needed to be yanked back for the sake of realism. I don't think anyone will be convinced to put it back. I know there's lots of other stuff that ends up being compromised on for the sake of the average player. And some of the issues relate more to online play, which isn't my thing.

jake19ny 07-19-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul (Post 2049839930)
I guess I'm wanting to be a glass half full guy. I really don't think they will reverse on the spins. It was a glaring exploit that needed to be yanked back for the sake of realism. I don't think anyone will be convinced to put it back. I know there's lots of other stuff that ends up being compromised on for the sake of the average player. And some of the issues relate more to online play, which isn't my thing.

For the record I like what I saw in the early gameplay trailer but we’ve been burned so many times I can’t be a glass half full guy with this series anymore. I hope your right and I’m wrong.

lvl 07-19-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul (Post 2049839752)

They need to have two separate tuners. One for the online cheesers and HUT players and one for the offline franchise players.

mkharsh33 07-19-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvl (Post 2049839947)
They need to have two separate tuners. One for the online cheesers and HUT players and one for the offline franchise players.

Never gonna happen.....