Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=955313)

Great Whale 07-21-2019 09:49 AM

Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

Hello,

I would create a classic Roster, but, my issue is:

*Run/Pass Ratio.

*Simulated Games Staristics.

Seems Madden 19 ruined our classic, NFL experience. Will we share the same fate with Madden 20 ? Anybody know the details regarding this?

Seemed fine until Madden 19, then everything with Statistics got destroyed for us guys. What a slap in the face, to be cheated out of something so basic.

Thx

capa 07-21-2019 10:04 AM

Re: Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

I would not expect any improvements in 20 for the classic roster audience. In fact, the new playbooks are going to incorporate over 200 new RPO plays which you would not see from teams in the 60's, 70's, 80' for the most part.

Madden is made to reflect what is happening in today's game. As we go into each new year, I believe we will see less items related to old school football like equipment, playbooks, etc.

There will be classic rosters made for 20, however, authenticity is harder and harder to achieve.

C

mathteachernerd1968 07-21-2019 11:30 AM

Capa, true to an extent IMO.

With the ability to create hot-routes quickly, including posts, corners, HB table routes, etc... we can build run-heavy PB's and go to town with those as classic PB's to use. I wonder how QB's and WR's with these route-tree x-factors will play in exhibition mode & will they use them in passing situations. If WE actually play with run heavy PB's, it'd be easy for us to use the hot-route trees.

meepichi 07-21-2019 11:30 AM

Yeah, for the most realistic classic game experience you have to use the Play Now in exhibition mode and use custom playbooks for the older teams. Sabo's 2 back playbook some times gets a pretty good run/pass balance. You can edit it to have even a higher run to pass ratio. Franchise play of course isn't going to be close, especially simulated stats. It's still nice to play with the classic team rosters.

mathteachernerd1968 07-21-2019 11:35 AM

I'm creating an all-time roster from the get-go.
Would be great to work with some of you guys.
Maybe we work on a few teams for a few days, then pass it off, etc.

I can just create players, heights, uniforms, colleges, etc. and someone else could rate & do X-factors, etc. Whatever works, I don't care.

Speaking of them, I'm really psyched about X-factor abilities with our favorite players. Should be loads of fun watching them.

Thinking we make HUGE rosters for each team - as many players on them as rosters will allow - and that will help us whittle rosters down to our personal needs. For example, an all-time BEARS team could be whittled down mostly to the 1985 roster by dropping enough legends. So we create a BASE roster and wouldn't need to keep creating different ones - just work off this one for future projects.

capa 07-21-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968 (Post 2049841185)
Capa, true to an extent IMO.

With the ability to create hot-routes quickly, including posts, corners, HB table routes, etc... we can build run-heavy PB's and go to town with those as classic PB's to use. I wonder how QB's and WR's with these route-tree x-factors will play in exhibition mode & will they use them in passing situations. If WE actually play with run heavy PB's, it'd be easy for us to use the hot-route trees.

I do hope they fix the assigning of custom playbooks to both teams where you don't need to do the 2 controller trick stuff. This should be applicable for human vs cpu, cpu vs cpu, slow sim to end of game, or just watching a game.

C

Iteachpercussion 07-21-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968 (Post 2049841191)
I'm creating an all-time roster from the get-go.
Would be great to work with some of you guys.
Maybe we work on a few teams for a few days, then pass it off, etc.

I can just create players, heights, uniforms, colleges, etc. and someone else could rate & do X-factors, etc. Whatever works, I don't care.

Speaking of them, I'm really psyched about X-factor abilities with our favorite players. Should be loads of fun watching them.

Thinking we make HUGE rosters for each team - as many players on them as rosters will allow - and that will help us whittle rosters down to our personal needs. For example, an all-time BEARS team could be whittled down mostly to the 1985 roster by dropping enough legends. So we create a BASE roster and wouldn't need to keep creating different ones - just work off this one for future projects.

Just as a point of note, in the beta it was not possible to assign XFactor abilities to edited players. I did not try to create any players. Any player that is edited in the Main Menu loses any XFactor abilities. Now that might change on release, but that is how it was in beta.

Iteachpercussion 07-21-2019 06:37 PM

I am still not sure what I am going to do in terms of classic rosters for M20. I currently have M19 playing really well with my classic rosters. I have spent time on playbooks and get great results.

However, the gameplay for M20 in the beta was REALLY solid and some of the changes really make me want to create rosters for the new game and go through the process of making playbooks and everything. However, time is limited in the fall. I am just really busy. This makes me not want to spend every bit of open gaming time I have trying to make a roster and playbooks.

So, at this point I am still in a wait and see pattern. I will have M20 on July 30th and I will try to figure things out as quickly as possible.