Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1? (/forums/showthread.php?t=955335)

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 07-22-2019 12:14 AM

Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1?

Or incoming rookies?

kingcrf 07-22-2019 12:35 AM

Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

Confirmed that it would be in game after a tirle update to the scenario engine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

canes21 07-22-2019 01:47 AM

Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

They're a scenario? You're kidding, right? Or I'm reading that wrong?

secondsolution 07-22-2019 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049841602)

This would mean options are only available to user controlled teams right?

CM Hooe 07-22-2019 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049841602)

Yes, Tiburon has said that fifth-year options on first-round rookie contracts will be delivered via the scenario engine. Would you rather have no fifth-year options in the game at all?

I'm sure your concern is that CPU teams won't use them, which let's be clear is completely valid. That being said, however, the legacy behavior is still sufficient for CPU teams to manage their roster without the scenario engine in this case. Those teams will either give a first-round pick they want to keep an early extension prior to what would have been the option season - as the Eagles just did with Carson Wentz - or allow an unwanted rookie who didn't develop to walk to free agency.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 07-22-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcrf (Post 2049841587)
Confirmed that it would be in game after a tirle update to the scenario engine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

What’s a “tirle”? Oh wait you mean title.

But you’re saying this applies to all people on rookie contracts, or just incoming and later rookies? E.g., will guys like, say, Mike McGlinchey and Solomon Thomas have the option? You know, second and third year players who have yet to have their fifth year option activated.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 07-22-2019 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondsolution (Post 2049841619)
This would mean options are only available to user controlled teams right?

It’s better than nothing. If this applies in Franchise in general, 32 team control would ensure that all first round rookies have a fifth year option. (Assuming we still will have the ability to control all 32 teams offline)

secondsolution 07-22-2019 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2049841624)
It’s better than nothing. If this applies in Franchise in general, 32 team control would ensure that all first round rookies have a fifth year option. (Assuming we still will have the ability to control all 32 teams offline)

Yeah absolutely, I honestly didn't expect anything like options to be in Madden 20 so it's great to see. Also shows that they are using the scenario engine to bring realism and life to roster management which is fantastic.

It will be interesting to see how it's built on throughout the year and for Madden 21