Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 20: The Little Things (/forums/showthread.php?t=955565)

manthonyarts 07-26-2019 02:24 AM

Madden 20: The Little Things

These are always one of my favorite threads. Just point out the cool little things in the game that make it special to you. For example I saw my WR do a hand fighting animation with the CB and then turn away from the DB to high point the ball and come down for the touchdown. Honestly it looked like he pushed off.

Also had a sack with Von Miller and the QB layed out on the field after as If he was trying to make a snow angel. It's the little details that go along way.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 07-26-2019 02:33 AM

Re: Madden 20: The Little Things

I was playing against the Bucs. I quickly beat the center with Solomon Thomas and was all over Winstin almost immediately after the snap. To my chagrin, he managed to slip through the tackle, but what was cool is that he appeared to maintain his composure, stepped up and immediately found the TE in the end zone. There was no wonky spin around animation or anything like that. He just kept his eyes down field and threw the pass, and it was pretty immediate, to the point that the TE was just completing his route. Right after he got smashed by Dee Ford and Nick Bosa.

Not sure if that counts, but it was a pretty spectacular, but realistic looking play.

In the same game the Bucs appeared to utilize one of the built in hot route on a run play due to my off coverage.

manthonyarts 07-26-2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2049846435)
I was playing against the Bucs. I quickly beat the center with Solomon Thomas and was all over Winstin almost immediately after the snap. To my chagrin, he managed to slip through the tackle, but what was cool is that he appeared to maintain his composure, stepped up and immediately found the TE in the end zone. There was no wonky spin around animation or anything like that. He just kept his eyes down field and threw the pass, and it was pretty immediate, to the point that the TE was just completing his route. Right after he got smashed by Dee Ford and Nick Bosa.

Not sure if that counts, but it was a pretty spectacular, but realistic looking play.

In the same game the Bucs appeared to utilize one of the built in hot route on a run play due to my off coverage.

That is awesome! I think mobile QBs are gonna be a real threat to deal with when against the CPU. I wiffed on sacking Kyler Murray and he made me pay dearly with his legs.

GLegend1226 07-26-2019 03:03 AM

All I got to say is LeSean McCoy carrying the ball......they nailed it

bjthomas121 07-26-2019 08:06 AM

The sounds of the game are spectacular... I don’t remember these sounds before but man the way the ball sounds to tackling etc adds so much more to the game.

howboutdat 07-26-2019 08:24 AM

One thing ive not seen anyone mention but has bugged me for years .

Ball placement of a guy being downed near ( but normally clearly just past the first down marker). In previous years, your player could be almost a yard past the first down marker before touching the ground and it would end up being 2nd or 3rd and short every single time .It never failed.

So far this year, i have seen several "close calls" as you might call them and each time i felt the ball placement was correct either i clearly got the first down or i was short . But so far im seeing the ball placement be much more representative of where he actually went down at. A very welcome change.

kennylc321 07-26-2019 08:38 AM

I haven't played too much yet, but they did this one little thing that irked me last year:

For off ball injuries, they actually show the guy being injured and helped off the field. (Though... they need to stop reporting a torn shoulder two plays after the injury occurs). There needs to be some suspense.

PhillyPhanatic14 07-26-2019 08:46 AM

Love this. Seen a few awesome things. Most noteworthy was a player who got hurt in the preseason was later shown on the bench leaned over with his head in his hands. That really impressed me.

The PA announcer and relevant stadium music is a huge addition as well.