Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition (/forums/showthread.php?t=955566)

RogueHominid 07-26-2019 04:36 AM

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

Let's get the ball rolling!

I jumped right into CFM after spending a few hours dialing in my base setup.

Got the first pre-season game in and had a ton of fun. Lost 33-6 to the Rams and saw one thing really clearly: my twos are not as good as their twos, lol.

Glennon took staggering abuse behind a second-string sieve of a line. I really like that you have to account for the quality of your OL more than ever in play calling.

The scenario engine already gave me some cool stuff; I especially like the veterans taking younger guys under the wing and aiding in player development.

My goal for the second pre-season game is to cut the sacks taken in half.

Here's the game tape: https://youtu.be/UZYtAp2qXi8.

Let's just say Monday is gonna be tough for me and the whole rest of the squad.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 07-26-2019 04:59 AM

Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

Week 1 was going great until my stupid auto-screen dimmer started (it's on a timer). Then I had to minimize my game window to shut it off, and when I back to the game, it started stuttering every five seconds. I tried finishing, but then I missed a game winning FG because of it and rage quit, so I'm starting over.

That said, the game was beautiful up until then. My play calling was on point, and both teams made realistic looking plays. No cheap stuff, no ridiculous crap. It actually looked like football. I'm looking forward to starting it over with no auto-screen dimmer this time.

*This was after spending some time adjusting a play book, and to my pleasant surprise all my formations were available. I did do the old "add a single play from a formation, then save, then add all plays you want from the formation" trick, so I couldn't tell you if that was why or not. Didn't want to risk not doing it given I was on the ten hour trial.

RogueHominid 07-26-2019 05:23 AM

Bummer about the screen dimmer. What level are you playing on?

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 07-26-2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Raider (Post 2049846481)
Bummer about the screen dimmer. What level are you playing on?

All Madden with some slider adjustments to improve user AI pass rush and user AI coverage.

I started on All Pro in the preseason, and it felt good, but I started consistently breaking eight and nine yard runs, so I had to up the difficulty.

I may go back to All Pro with slider adjustments to the CPU, depending on if there are too many Maddenisms or Robo QB instances.

NoleFan 07-26-2019 07:57 AM

Started a temp MIA CFM and after 4 preseason games and 3 regular season games, we’re 0-7. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SdotMiles4 07-26-2019 09:14 AM

So I started a franchise last night with the Redskins.. Played 2 preseason games and 2 regular season games... I enjoyed the game play so far, the superstar ability of pass rushers are CRAZY.. Fletcher Cox gave me problems all game.. Punished my entire line dropping back to pass. I lost to Philly 13-3 and lost to Dallas 17-14.. I really should have beat Dallas be Chris Thompson fumbled on one of the hardest hitsticks I ever witness lol... Also Dallas game winning touchdown should of been a incomplete pass... Randall Cobb was blasted by Landon Collins but they gave him the touchdown.. I'll post the video later if anyone wants to see it lol.. But so far, it's been fun

RogueHominid 07-26-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan (Post 2049846514)
Started a temp MIA CFM and after 4 preseason games and 3 regular season games, we’re 0-7. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that first game is any indication, I'm not going to win much in year one either, lol.

Mack Attack 11 07-26-2019 11:05 AM

Played my first franchise game last night with the Bengals. Traveled to Seattle to take on Wilson and Wagner

Settings

• Sim
  • All Madden
  • 7 min quarters
  • 20 sec accelerated play clock
  • no slider adjustments other than injuries to 25 because of the below injuries in preseason when injuries were defaulted at 40

Injuries

Preseason injuries cost me Mixon (RB1), Bernard (RB2), and Glasgow (DT3)

WJIII (CB1) got injured in the first quarter on a sideline tackle, turf toe.

I was down 17-3 at halftime. Was able to come out and score 3<sup>rd</sup> quarter on a long drive to get back to 17-10. Seattle then put together a long drive and was ready to put the game away as they got to the one yard line. I was able to hit stick a run play and cause a fumble which I was able to recover. Then drove down and was able to tie it up at 17-17 with about 2:30 left in the fourth. Seattle was able to drive down and kick a FG to make it 20-17. I was able to preserve clock by using my TO and force the FG. I got the ball back with about 50 seconds left. Drove down to the Seattle 45 yard line. Had a play to Ross and I though he caught the TD. He had it in his hands in the end zone but the CB stripped it out at the last second for the incompletion. I then had to try the 52 yard FG to force OT. Seattle to a TO to ice me. My kick had the distance but I missed it just to the left due to the meter disappearing because of the ice and the 7 mph wind. I choked basically. It was a good game and I was generally pleased with how it played. Wilson was great which he should be. Really did not feel much impact from Wagner the whole game.