Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Legendary Teams? (/forums/showthread.php?t=955588)

bigsmallwood 07-26-2019 02:32 PM

Legendary Teams?

Is there any reason why Madden doesn’t have Legendary NFL teams/rosters as part of the game?

Madden 20 seems to have improved the gameplay on the field tremendously and I just feel like this would be a huge plus to the game!

GisherJohn24 07-26-2019 02:38 PM

Re: Legendary Teams?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsmallwood (Post 2049847008)
Is there any reason why Madden doesn’t have Legendary NFL teams/rosters as part of the game?

Madden 20 seems to have improved the gameplay on the field tremendously and I just feel like this would be a huge plus to the game!

I've been wanting this for years. Classic teams are awesome. You can download community rosters by the specific year, which is cool, but to have them in the game that you can play with and download directly from EA, that'd be awesome. I remember at leaset having a good amount of legends in the free agent pool in Madden 11 - 12 and just one day, they removed that ability to let you use them in your custom rosters. 2K has been doing for basketball for years, and they don't have the money EA does, so this is odd. I'll tell you the reason probably it won't happen, it costs them money.

JoshC1977 07-26-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsmallwood (Post 2049847008)

Lawsuits...they'd have to compensate former players for use of their likenesses....they got burned on that back in the day.

capa 07-26-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2049847018)
Lawsuits...they'd have to compensate former players for use of their likenesses....they got burned on that back in the day.

Yep...we can thank Jim Brown for this :(

C