Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Will NBA 2K20 fix defensive sliding? (/forums/showthread.php?t=955658)

zrohman 07-27-2019 02:22 PM

Will NBA 2K20 fix defensive sliding?

Every year I tend to make a thread about this,

but every year it feels like I'm ice skating when I'm playing NBA 2k.

When I try to change directions, players spend a prolonged period sliding in the wrong direction before switching directions, and it is very difficult to stay in front of anyone on defense,

If someone is faster or more athletic, let those things beat my defensive man. But don't simply slide me in the wrong direction, which is what has been happening.

Any indication that this will be improved in 2K20? I've NEVER felt good about how defense is played in 2K, I never feel like I'm in control of where my man is moving, and I'm really hoping this gets fixed.

If defensive sliding is better, I could live with all of the cheesiest voice acting and nicknames in the world. I just want to be able to have fun on defense.

Marvlus91 07-27-2019 05:06 PM

Re: Will NBA 2K20 fix defensive sliding?

i don’t understand how the offensive side is more responsive than the defensive side. it’s always a delay on defense, even playing offline

FixEverything2k 07-27-2019 05:24 PM

No.

The only things that will truly get fixed are VC exploits.

Vni 07-27-2019 07:57 PM

None of the legacy issues ever get fixed. They slightly improve or get worse. That's what I've learned over the years haha.

coolcras7 07-27-2019 08:54 PM

Hopefully next generation

Goffs 07-27-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcras7 (Post 2049848509)
Hopefully next generation

I don't want to wait next gen. If Live can have some tight controls this gen why can't 2k?

Turbo feels delayed in 2k. It just feels clunky to me now.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Schnoodle321 07-27-2019 10:01 PM

Euro steps and spin moves in the paint rarely if ever beat the defensive player, it just slides them with the animation so they can stay in front of you.

Another frustrating thing is if you are ever lucky enough to get the cpu to jump on a pump fake they are back down and in front of you before you can even get the momentum to move from performing the pump fake.

These issues have been a problem with 2k as long as I can remember and unfortunately don’t see it changing anytime soon

coolcras7 07-27-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goffs (Post 2049848535)
I don't want to wait next gen. If Live can have some tight controls this gen why can't 2k?

Turbo feels delayed in 2k. It just feels clunky to me now.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Well considering next generation is a year away you don't have long to wait and see and unlike Live 2k won't put something in if it affect any other aspect of the overall game negatively