Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread. (/forums/showthread.php?t=956300)

howardphillips214 08-07-2019 03:56 AM

Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

So from what we know, double takeover has been confirmed in multiple iterations. However, we don't know EXACTLY how the MyPlayer Builder is going to be till a couple more weeks.

But with all the information in the Gameplay blog and Mikes tweets we at least have SOME information as to what is available.

That being said, I'm sure pure speculation is just as much fun as making builds was all year last year.

I know there was a thread on what you made last year so lets try and keep this fun until release by focusing on what we WANT to make.

But if you all were wondering, i made almost 20 characters last year and ended the year playing on 3. So there we go... Lol

HYPETRAINISREALYALL.

howardphillips214 08-07-2019 04:06 AM

Re: Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

My thread.. Ill start. Screw you guys... Lol

I want a big wing who does it all. Doesn't have to be great at anything but i want him serviceable at everything. Maybe the post game I could leave out. If they DO allow us to spend where we want and decide our own cap breakers then I will focus on finishing and athleticism first. But im past the days of wanting a 99 finishing to maximize killing people, with my 6'10 this year i could have unlocked the contacts at 94, but i made him too late in the year.

I'm not making the same mistake. I understand the desire to make a shorter character because they're much more responsive and better at what youve built them intent on doing. But versatility was huge for me the year.

I want a character along these lines...

6'8-6'10 roughly 240-260 lbs. If attributes are grouped similarly:

80s layups
80s dunks
Mid 70s midrange
A low 70 three
70 ball handling passing
70 rebound
70 vert
70 lateral
70 blocks/steals
Mid 70 Off ball speed

But if they let us pick our badges too? This guy will be crazy fun.

Idk... What are you gonna make?

TheFinalEvent97 08-07-2019 04:38 AM

Like you said it depends on how it works but my 6'10 Max Wingspan Pure Point Forward was so much fun in 19, ratings sorted by importance to me-
Speed with Ball
Passing
Athleticism
Dunks/Layups
Defense
Ball Control
Mid-Range

So of the badges the most important would be-
Quick First Step
Dimer/Needle Threader/Flasher Passer
Contact Finisher/Acrobat
Post Lockdown/Clamps

Something like 6'7-6'10 220-240lbs

Kleinevos 08-07-2019 05:53 AM

A pf modelled after a prime hakeem.

Post, dunk, shoot, defend

howardphillips214 08-08-2019 06:33 AM

Wow... My thoughts on my build just got reaaaaaally different.

I have no idea how many we can equip, but chris manning saying you can build how you want has my head spinning.

This could be the first time since 2k16 i can play the role i was built for. Drive and kick PG.

Badges I want HOF if we can choose.

Contact finisher
Giant slayer
Quick first step
Clamps
Catch and shoot

I went with only 5 HOF and that build is already looking beastly.

If you can put your attributes anywhere im thinking a 200lb guard around 6'4 something like this

80 dunks
80 layups
70 mid
70 three
70 ball handling
99 speed with ball (if possible)
80 defense
90 Off ball speed

This guy seems to pretty OP tho.

I seen some screen shots of the player builder, it seems you will have some sort of skeleton archetype system

I could take the low ratings and make up with badges. But maybe they will make some badges only available based on archetype. It seems getting the badges i would want would have to be based on what i select at the beginning. But Wang DID say "equip".

So if I'm being a little more realistic i could see settling for standard slasher badges and not getting clamps HOF as long as I can still "equip" other lower tiered badges.

Lets say for the sake of pure speculation... Sure, you can UNLOCK every badge like in 17 but only on bronze. But you will have to sacrifice a badge that you can EQUIP. So... Say for instance i want my BRONZE catch and shoot EQUIPPED meaning for a game or two to see if i like it. I would TOTALLY give up an ACROBAT for CnS.

Lets say if I go slasher first and i DO want to spend more on my three later on, since I havent hit a cap breaker, could i equip CnS till I get a better rating?

Right now my build seems pretty OP and I'm not even thinking about ratings too hard and only on badges.

If they DO bring back the "Balanced" builds from 16 could i theoretically equip any HOF badges i wanted? In that case start as Balanced to remove all restrictions entirely.

I still think that certain ratings need to be heavier tho. Essentially if i forewent post scoring and rebounding on a guard i could max defense all the way in 2k16 and still had enough points to do whatever I wanted on offense. In the reverse, on 16 if you put NO points in defense, rebounding, or passing you could literally max all your offensive points based on inside,outside, balanced.

This is tough for me.

Just having a finisher with first step is huge, them separating speed with ball from ball handling is huge. No longer do I have to be SOLELY a dribbler to be the fastest guy on the court. If athleticism/speed is TRULY back this year ill be happy. Even if its OP at first and they nerf it the first week i still will be happy they tried.

Stoked.

MackZillaTV 08-08-2019 11:36 AM

Definitely gonna try and remake my 6’10 Max Wing Pure Point and my 6’10 Rebounding Shot Creator

Vic_Clancy 08-08-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardphillips214 (Post 2049862807)
Wow... My thoughts on my build just got reaaaaaally different.

I have no idea how many we can equip, but chris manning saying you can build how you want has my head spinning.

If this is true, my ideal build is a pass-first point guard that is credible on the offensive and defensive side. I'd aim for 6'3, about 195. He'd be quick with the ball, decent shooter, and can occassionally finish at the basket. Think shot-creating playmaker with defensive badges.

5 Badges i'd most want: Dimer, Perimeter Stopper, Thread the Needle, Difficult Shots, First Step

Of course, i'd need others to round the build out. Specifically, a few shooting badges on silver and something to help around the basket.

However, since I play a decent amount of solo-park. I may start with a similar build, but at 6'8, 6'9, with more strength/rebounding and less speed.

DreSki 08-08-2019 02:01 PM

Definitely looking forward to making a A.I./Drose clone PG with builds apparently not being as limited this year. With all the badges that help small players this year hoping i can make a nasty little slashing 6'3 PG the can slash like a monster but has the handles to floor people and set people up as well.

Looking to have like Quick First Step, Giant Slayer, Ankle Breaker, Contact Finisher and PnR Maestro or whatever the new name for it is.