Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=697)
-   -   TOMBA 20 Magic Patch Roster Edit For PC (/forums/showthread.php?t=956427)

Tomba 08-09-2019 09:16 AM

TOMBA 20 Magic Patch Roster Edit For PC

TOMBA's BACK!

HUGE UPDATE! 8/31/19
Called TombaMagicfire on maddenshare on PC

Complete rework of original edit. all players positions globally edited to play realistically. IGNORE Overalls. ENJOY

That's right the master of edit wizardry is here to show off the new spell that has made Madden 20 on PC an absolute joy to play.

I have to reference a very old Madden 12 edit I did . In that edit I did a global edit of every player in the game. Changing their attribute ratings, their traits and messing with everything from top players ratings to just making sure the game played as realistically as it could via roster edits. Years after this edit I stuck to JUST sliders as the edit was such an act of labor that I vowed to never do it again. Sitting there night after night some 9 years ago now much younger much dumber and trying to make sense of it all. Team by team, rating by rating, test after in game test to bring forth a edit that so drastically changed Madden 12 that I considered it a outright "Patch" rather than just a roster edit etc.

Now time spiral shift into The Summer of 2019 and we now have Madden on PC with the ability to make global edits via PC. Almost reducing edit times by 95% .Its crazy just how easy it allows our crazy "global edit" thoughts to grow and be made .

Now I have to say over the years I've been a huge victim of placebo. being accused of it and being the one who gave it out for others to believe. That's why I ask you all now do you believe in magic?

Because I do.

Below are the details to what has been edited and what it now does in game for Madden 20 on PC

ALL Players Speed Acceleration Awareness and Agility have been globally edited to do the following:

Create a more realistic game speed.
Create proper separation between plays and players.
Create realistic reaction times by players on the field.
Create better user input game play .
Create more realistic CPU movement.
Fix fumble issues with players carrying
Fix CPU man coverage issues.
fix defensive hit power.

Removed key traits that made the X Factors double boosted. Now X Factors work much better.
Added key traits that make game play more realistic as well.

It's important to note I love the X Factors this year. They bring a lot to the game play and when kept on with THIS edit they are toned down and less arcadey believe it not.

Also important to note are values. You will see LOW values but that does not mean the player now becomes a lower rated player. The 4 attributes I chose deal with player movement on the field. I am concerned more so about pacing and spacing.

Play as you want. There is NO slider set or gameplay rule with this. The roster does everything.

Patch is now available via PC Share Files under the name TOMBAMAGIC.

I'm not going into much more detail now unless specifically asked I've learned from years previous that edits like these you have to see to believe for yourself.

A video of gameplay does not always suffice.

Please try and Enjoy

....as always

Tomba
[/font]

icicle22 08-09-2019 07:32 PM

Re: TOMBA 20 Magic Patch Roster Edit For PC

Play now with your rosters....Browns at Carolina. Default All Pro sliders.

Played great for me. Things felt Right. I had a good running game and holes opened up. Passing was decent. There were 3 fumbles but 2 of them felt organic. The 3rd was Kuechly hitting Jarvis Landry after a reception across the middle. The ball literally flew up in the air like a small punt or deflected pass, and landed in a pile of linemen from both teams who were apparently jostling for position to catch it? Of course a Carolina player caught it and though he was in the middle of a pack of 7 players magically escaped and tried to return it. I was able to catch him. The game seems hard coded for fumbles to be recovered by the CPU 90% of the time with a big return.

Now...while I liked the feel and game play in general the difficulty was lacking now. I have previously found AllPro stock sliders to be a little too stuffy thus difficult to get big plays or an organic flow to the offense. Every tackle is a hit stick, too many fumbles and too many tackles for a loss. I have competitive games against the CPU but they don't feel like NFL football games. Just competitive Madden games.

YOur rosters felt like NFL player running around and generally behaving properly but the CPU run game was anemic. Too many times I stuffed McCaffrey for a loss.

So....I like them but I;m gonna need to tweak the AllPro sliders some and all this talk of slider A causing issues with slider B and both of them affecting some CPU AI logic that has nothing to do with either of them scares me!! I miss when I could just increase the CPU run blocking and not worry that its going to affect my secondary ability to cover the receivers! (exaggerate but this is the weirdness that sliders can have on elements of the game not that attached to the slider itself).

Oh yeah. Kuechly was a beast and I was afraid of him and ran to his opposite side and didn;t throw many passes his way. But he did crush me 3-4 times and it felt good to get smashed and not fumble. Heck, one time he came flying in behind me as I was running down the field. I slowed down to juke a safety and as Kuechly dove I had just juked and he went flying past me into his own guy. It was great! And it was an accident....I was juking for the guy in fromt of me.

So what sliders are you using Tomba?

Tomba 08-10-2019 12:12 AM

Icicle22,

Thank you for trying these rosters out and thank you for the feedback

I continue to tweak these

I’m trying to make improvements to the run game for both cpu and user but the hard coded issues are very much there

I will post a update tommorrow

tril 08-11-2019 11:14 AM

I will give these a try.

I looked at the editor because I was trying to boost the zone awareness,, but its not listed as a global setting. so when you boosted the awareness, I assume you didnt do it for each individual player. if so was the zone AI boosted.

Hushroom 08-11-2019 12:22 PM

are you going to do draft classes to match these?

Tomba 08-11-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tril (Post 2049866326)
I will give these a try.

I looked at the editor because I was trying to boost the zone awareness,, but its not listed as a global setting. so when you boosted the awareness, I assume you didnt do it for each individual player. if so was the zone AI boosted.

Actually Ive been updating this edit quite a lot.

Ive now gone and edited individual positions as well.

EVERY player is edited even kickers and punters so that everyone moves,reacts and plays as they should

I know a lot of user love the frosty editor gameplay fixes but i dont agree with it.

WhY?

Here is my reason.

frosty editor gameplay fixes seem to fix the probability when outright attribute tweaks completely stop the player into not doing it.

EX.
A probability will still lend itself to probably happening
when a attribute edit that edits it out of the triggering of the animations makes it so that it doesnt happen.

if you tweak the probability of a catch style it still might happen bad animation and all

if you edit the triggering of that animation through just setting the attribute to a certain amount where it doesnt happen anymore you NEVER get that bad result again....

Its VERY tricky but its trail and error

respect to frosty(tried it cant get it to work keep getting errors) but im just not understanding how it makes for better gameplay

Darth Aegis 08-11-2019 10:26 PM

If you need a hand with Frosty it's very easy to use. Are u going offline & deleting the folder? That why u might be getting that error.

Only thing with edited rosters is your at the mercy of the editor after one season. I mean I can see the pattern you went with for the most part, but without the whole blueprint it's gonna be hard to play more then a season.

icicle22 08-12-2019 08:49 AM

Not sure exactly what you are changing on the players abilities but I guess it would help to know so that we can modify future draft classes to keep it balanced in future seasons. I know last year I played primarily with a roster that someone had removed "big hitter" from almost all players and I also went in and took running backs spin and juke ability down to below 80 threshold (something like that) to prevent CPU running backs from spinning and juking when they should be running in a straight line to the end zone. The removal of big hitter trait made the game have so many more animations and smoothed it out a lot.

Like I said....whatever you have done has made the tackling more organic and "enforcers" aren't causing fumbles every single time they hit you. To be clear....I have still been laid out by some of them in memorable collisions that make me try to stay away from them and surely I cover the ball when they are near. So while it solved the fumbles it doesn't "neuter" them too much.

The only issues I am having is that I am finding All Pro default a little too easy now. CPU offense needs a bit of a boost as well as their defense but as I stated before....I'm almost scared to touch sliders since they can send the game spiraling out of balance.

Thanks.