Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters and Draft Classes (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=697)
-   -   TOMBA 20 Magic Patch Roster Edit For PC (/forums/showthread.php?t=956427)

Tomba 08-12-2019 11:39 AM

Re: TOMBA 20 Magic Patch Roster Edit For PC

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049866946)
If you need a hand with Frosty it's very easy to use. Are u going offline & deleting the folder? That why u might be getting that error.

Only thing with edited rosters is your at the mercy of the editor after one season. I mean I can see the pattern you went with for the most part, but without the whole blueprint it's gonna be hard to play more then a season.

this is very very true and the same issue i ran into with madden 12.

Tomba 08-12-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icicle22 (Post 2049867174)
Not sure exactly what you are changing on the players abilities but I guess it would help to know so that we can modify future draft classes to keep it balanced in future seasons. I know last year I played primarily with a roster that someone had removed "big hitter" from almost all players and I also went in and took running backs spin and juke ability down to below 80 threshold (something like that) to prevent CPU running backs from spinning and juking when they should be running in a straight line to the end zone. The removal of big hitter trait made the game have so many more animations and smoothed it out a lot.

Like I said....whatever you have done has made the tackling more organic and "enforcers" aren't causing fumbles every single time they hit you. To be clear....I have still been laid out by some of them in memorable collisions that make me try to stay away from them and surely I cover the ball when they are near. So while it solved the fumbles it doesn't "neuter" them too much.

The only issues I am having is that I am finding All Pro default a little too easy now. CPU offense needs a bit of a boost as well as their defense but as I stated before....I'm almost scared to touch sliders since they can send the game spiraling out of balance.

Thanks.

So i have an update in the works. i'm following Sabos work and am a beta tester for it but can not get the madden 20 exe to load up in frosty always gives me an error. this is even when i delete the m20 folder and go "offline" in origin. I should say that frost mod manager DOES work for me.

As far as additional work to this roster patch/edit ive done considerable edits and tons of testing in game with same teams same scenarios etc.

all in all its like 505 better than the original roster i made and posted some days ago. I know what to look for better now and will detail what i did.

in some cases i feel a roster edit PLUS a gameplay edit in frosty might be the most cmplete way to go even though the edits i recently did and tested played out better than any madden ive played or edited before. right now its all a mater of knowing what to look for and pick apart via the 4 attribute settings per player.

its very important to note that i do player postion edits globally.
So I do
QB HB FB TE LT RT DT MOLB LOLB FF SS KK P etc all on different global settings to REALLY spread apart the gameplay. Alot of the attributes associated with scoring etc are left untouched as edits to acceleration,speed awareness and agility REALLY make the cpu and user controlled players HIT their most realistic scoring targets etc

New2Jack 08-15-2019 12:00 PM

Tomba - I'm going to test out your roster on All-Madden. I'm looking for a roster to kickoff a 32-Man league. Looking for some realistic NFL gameplay. Your roster sounds like a very viable resource. I will let you know how it plays in Human v. Human games over the weekend.

Additionally, I know draft classes would be my next concern considering the major work you've done.

Tomba 08-15-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2Jack (Post 2049871051)
Tomba - I'm going to test out your roster on All-Madden. I'm looking for a roster to kickoff a 32-Man league. Looking for some realistic NFL gameplay. Your roster sounds like a very viable resource. I will let you know how it plays in Human v. Human games over the weekend.

Additionally, I know draft classes would be my next concern considering the major work you've done.

I could always import a draft class and edit it

I play on all pro

however a new update is incoming to this and is about 65% changed for the better

icicle22 08-15-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba (Post 2049871311)
I could always import a draft class and edit it

I play on all pro

however a new update is incoming to this and is about 65% changed for the better

65% for the better!?? I hope so. Does that mean that 35% has changed and gotten worse? :)

Seriously. Can you shed some light on what you mean by better? I thought your last version was playing really good but the CPU on All Pro was not as successful as it was with the default rosters.

I mean it's harder on All Pro using stock roster but it felt kinda cheap. Too many fumbles, too many crushing momentum stopping hits and some borderline All-Madden cheese from the CPU. But....it was a challenge to win that didn't feel organic to me.

Your roster plays and feels organic in motion and I love the way it feels but I find it less of a challenge. So I'd like to see you get your "feel" with more of a challenge like I see on Sunday.

I guess I'm not convinced the Madden engine can do both at this point. You can manipulate it to feel right or make it a challenge but not both? Maybe??

BazedGod 08-15-2019 08:11 PM

I'm finding a lot of joy using this roster, especially with the speed edits you've made. Feels much more realistic. Thanks for your hard work! And like another has said, if a draft class were to come along with this that would be awesome.

C0883R 08-17-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba (Post 2049867342)
So i have an update in the works. i'm following Sabos work and am a beta tester for it but can not get the madden 20 exe to load up in frosty always gives me an error. this is even when i delete the m20 folder and go "offline" in origin. I should say that frost mod manager DOES work for me.

As far as additional work to this roster patch/edit ive done considerable edits and tons of testing in game with same teams same scenarios etc.

all in all its like 505 better than the original roster i made and posted some days ago. I know what to look for better now and will detail what i did.

in some cases i feel a roster edit PLUS a gameplay edit in frosty might be the most cmplete way to go even though the edits i recently did and tested played out better than any madden ive played or edited before. right now its all a mater of knowing what to look for and pick apart via the 4 attribute settings per player.

its very important to note that i do player postion edits globally.
So I do
QB HB FB TE LT RT DT MOLB LOLB FF SS KK P etc all on different global settings to REALLY spread apart the gameplay. Alot of the attributes associated with scoring etc are left untouched as edits to acceleration,speed awareness and agility REALLY make the cpu and user controlled players HIT their most realistic scoring targets etc

So does that mean that in the places you edit for each position that they are the same across the board? Ex all qb edits you make make all qb's the same? IF that is the case While i respect what you are doing i am not sure how i would feel about all qb's being the same on your global edits. Would that not keep the QB's for example from not standing apart from each other?

Tomba 08-17-2019 09:34 PM

Ive updated the file

same name