Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=699)
-   -   LionsGoBlue Mod (/forums/showthread.php?t=956866)

SGMRock 08-18-2019 11:24 AM

LionsGoBlue Mod

First off let me start this off as saying this is a fun mod I made mostly for myself but I decided to share it as I am sure there are fellow Michigan Wolverine / Detroit Lions fans out there that might enjoy it for the fun of it.

The purpose of this mod was to have a Detroit Lions sort of fantasy team of made up or players that attended the UofM and played for the Wolverines then also went on to NFL careers. Some of them had/have very successful careers and some didn't do so well. Some are rookies in the league and their fates are undetermined. The players were rated in part on their pro/college performance so a player like Mike Hart for instance that didn't do so well in the NFL because of injuries and size and such still got a chance chance on my roster as he is the all time leader in rushing at Michigan. You can edit the roster however you like as far as rating go so at least mine give you a baseline.

I tried to also pick players that I remember watching in my lifetime play on the Wolverines and the various NFL teams. I know there are certainly a lot of older players way before my time that are legends at Michigan that also played pro, but I stuck to those that played from the 1970s onward with one exception. Dan Dierdorf who I watched as an announcer for years I include. The rest are going to be players 1970 onward. Most players are in their pro positions but some I moved around to make the roster work and also because those players also played these positions at one time, Leroy Hoard for instance played FB for a couple years and Devin Funchess played TE at Michigan before going WR full time. The Safeties are mostly playing in the right spots but again adjusted them to make the roster work.

There are about 6 extra players you can use on practice squad if you want. There are also a bunch of Michigan players I hid in the roster file on the Ultimate team you can access through Madden AMP and move over to the Lions if you want. Trevor Pryce for instance, one of the best DTs to play in the NFL went to Michigan but then transferred to Clemson his last year in college because he broke some rules on the Michigan team decided to transfer or was forced out not sure which. So he was actually drafted from Clemson, that is why I decided to leave him out, but I left him hidden in the Ultimate team along with others if you want to use. Most of the players have their Michigan playing numbers with some exceptions.

The players that are on the roster all have portraits either of their faces or action shots I made for the mod. The ones with action poses I thought those looked better than the head shots I could find of them.

The entire team is rookies and only 20 just because that is the youngest age you can make them and then you can enjoy them for more years. Unfortunately you can't easily remove the records of the current/recent NFL players that are still in Madden 20. You can probably do it with beb's Franchise editor but it would be a lot of work to track them all down. So guys like Brady still will have won 6 SB's and be a rookie :). All of them have had their awareness lowered to 60 to simulate them being rookies and will also help keep the team from being super overpowered.

There are some issues with the hidden dev traits because of the whole make the team all rookies modification caused some of the dev traits counters not to work for the first season. Don't worry once you finish a season the traits will be revealed if its a player with that bug.

The other issue is a lot of current veteran players that were made rookies had a lot of stockpiled XP that once they are 20 years old again and rookies becomes a ton of skill points. To fix this you can zero out their XP using bep713's franchise editor https://github.com/bep713/madden-fra...ditor/releases Player table 133 has the XP. I would recommend doing this as soon as you start the franchise before doing anything else. Also that means you want to use Offline Franchises for this.

Last but not least you can also edit in Jim Harbaugh as your coach using the franchise editor after you create the Franchise. Coaches are table 62. I made a custom coach to start the team then I went and edited him in. You can use Coach Portrait number 34 for his portrait that I added and you can use face 25 for his actual ingame face which is John Harbaughs but they look a lot alike so it works. For body you can yet to use custom and change his body asset to John Harbaughs as well or you can use harbaughjim which is still in Madden 20 but looks a bit shiny (on a side note I also put Belichicks portrait to replace the other idiot they have made up in there, you can change his name too if you want to the right name when you do your coach)

Future updates may include a uniform I'm mulling over which would be like a mesh between Wolverines and Lions uniforms but I'm not sure I want to do that yet, either way that would be only graphics so it would not affect any ongoing franchise you have.

Files are on my Onedrive, you will need the roster file and the Frosty Mod Manager file of course.

Hope you enjoy and don't judge! :)

Mod File and Roster

SGMRock 08-20-2019 01:29 PM

Re: LionsGoBlue Mod

Updated mod to be current with Madden 20 8/20 patch version.

Yaoza11 08-20-2019 09:55 PM

downloaded this, imported it to mod manager. Launched it and I dont see these players anywhere

SGMRock 08-20-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaoza11 (Post 2049877360)
downloaded this, imported it to mod manager. Launched it and I dont see these players anywhere

Did you make sure to load the attached roster? The players are only on the Lions of course as described.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yaoza11 08-21-2019 12:20 AM

Do I load the rosters through Mod Manager?

SGMRock 08-21-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaoza11 (Post 2049877499)
Do I load the rosters through Mod Manager?

No you put the ROSTER-LionsGoBlue file in your Documents\Madden NFL 20\settings folder.

Then you launch the game with the mod enabled, you will see a special splash screen with Tom Brady in his Michigan uniform number 10 that way you know the mod launched ok.

Once in game you need to go to the area where you save/load files and load the LionsGoBlue roster that should now show up on your roster list if you copied it to the right place.

Yaoza11 08-21-2019 11:54 AM

sweet, I'll give it a look tonight and a review. Thanks for the walkthrough

Yaoza11 08-21-2019 08:37 PM

Awesome Job! great being able to play as Desmond Howard, Woodley, Foote, Woodson and Law. Having Drew Henson would be cool too, maybe adding other great teams like Miami U for the Dolphins, FSU for TB and Florida for JAC.