Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow) (/forums/showthread.php?t=956867)

1212headkick 08-18-2019 11:34 AM

What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

For me it's the stockton slap. It should be a check hook and it should be faster. Also you should get the same counter speed bonus off it as you do a regular hook. Also Dominick cruz is missing his beautiful signature 1-2 animation.

rabbitfistssaipailo 08-18-2019 01:35 PM

Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

Seriously all unrealistic combos need to go ...

The oblique kick to spinning heel kick/ turning side kick .

spinning elbows shouldn't track when ducked .

Jumping knee animation should have a variation of moving forward and not just a vertical leap .

Some strikes should have a light variation and a heavy variation to conserve stamina .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

NEWSS 08-19-2019 02:43 AM

I feel cartwheel kicks are a bit too fast and dangerous

AydinDubstep 08-19-2019 04:47 AM

For me the punch animations need the most work. Something about them just doesn't quite sit right, especially the basic hooks and straight shots. They look like shadowboxing strikes not strikes thrown at a live opponent with the intention to hurt.

SUGATA 08-19-2019 11:41 AM

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-how-tune.html

Haz____ 08-19-2019 11:55 AM

Overhands. We don't have a real overhand, we just have these huge looping Fedor/ Big Country giant swinging "Overhands". We need a more realistic Overhand punch that's not so extreme.

Snap Kick. We have push kicks but we don't have snap kicks or "Toe Stabs". A faster, whip like gut shot, like Conor or Silva throws.

Lead Leg Question Mark Kick. I don't know exactly what it is but the animation on this thing looks horrible. When you see guys like Ruslan or Rockhold throw it in real life it looks way smoother. This strike is very hard to land in game and just doesn't look right.

Kingslayer04 08-19-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haz____ (Post 2049875276)
Overhands. We don't have a real overhand, we just have these huge looping Fedor/ Big Country giant swinging "Overhands". We need a more realistic Overhand punch that's not so extreme.

Snap Kick. We have push kicks but we don't have snap kicks or "Toe Stabs". A faster, whip like gut shot, like Conor or Silva throws.

Lead Leg Question Mark Kick. I don't know exactly what it is but the animation on this thing looks horrible. When you see guys like Ruslan or Rockhold throw it in real life it looks way smoother. This strike is very hard to land in game and just doesn't look right.

You do have the toe stab, I remember responding to someone about it some time ago, it may have even been you — just throw the kick stationary. You'll get it.

As for the question mark kick — you're not really supposed to land it "easily". I agree that the lead one looks a bit off, the rear one's pretty great though, and if you set it up well it can land. If the other guy's used to a normal roundhouse, the delay of the QM kick can catch him off guard. You can also hit it of a same-side punch I think, which most people don't expect. You obviously also have to maintain a certain distance to land it. But yeah, it's a specific strike and you can't keep throwing it the whole fight like it's a jab.

Here's one thing though — I really would like it if arcs of certain strikes are similar before the key part plays out. Like the QM kick — Rockhold kept kicking Bisping in the body before slapping him with one, because the initial arc is similar. This would work best if Martial's idea about good and bad animations is implemented so guys like Rockhold can hide it better. I remember in UFC 2 there was a jumping switch kick and the same but to the body — they were absolutely identical before the strike actually lands and it was great to keep opponents guessing.

Anyway, unfortunately the game's defense is based mostly on prediction, rather than reaction. This leads me back to Martial's idea — the better the animation, the harder it should be to reactively avoid, the worse it is — the easier.

mmageek 08-19-2019 01:55 PM

I've thought for a while that jabs need to be worked on. They don't really do well as a distance manager and seem to mainly exist to set up combinations. I'd like to see a signature jab like GSP's lunging jab that feels like it really has weight behind it.

And to be honest I think that a lot of strikes could be cleaned up and benefit from a power modifier. In Fight Night Champion, when throwing combos without the power modifiers, a lot of the strikes could bounce of the opponents gloves or just glance off of their head depending on the blocking and movement. I know that it's different in MMA with different gloves, but the way it is done in FNC reminds me of the Holloway/Poirer fight, where Holloway threw a ton of shots that Dustin rolled with that didn't exactly rock him.

I'd like to see the ability to throw a bunch of shots like that with someone like Holloway that don't necessarily rock or knock someone out, but just slowly wear them out and do a lot of damage.