Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MoM in Play Now (/forums/showthread.php?t=956873)

Hammerhunker 08-18-2019 03:36 PM

MoM in Play Now

What is the reason one cannot play MoM mode in a play now? Just curious?

LetsGoBucs 08-20-2019 01:51 PM

Re: MoM in Play Now

SCEA made the decision to remove the mode from Play Now and only leave it in Franchise. My guess is that not enough people used the mode so they removed it. I'm also assuming that since it is still an option for Franchise MOM was built in a way that required the development team to support it in multiple places (to answer the question "Why if it is available in one place can't it be in the other?").

I asked Ramone a few years ago in a Q&A if it was coming back to Play Now and he said no so I've stopped asking.

Hope that helps. I would also like to be able to use the mode outside of Franchise but I'm not holding my breath.

Hammerhunker 08-24-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs (Post 2049876723)
SCEA made the decision to remove the mode from Play Now and only leave it in Franchise. My guess is that not enough people used the mode so they removed it. I'm also assuming that since it is still an option for Franchise MOM was built in a way that required the development team to support it in multiple places (to answer the question "Why if it is available in one place can't it be in the other?").

I asked Ramone a few years ago in a Q&A if it was coming back to Play Now and he said no so I've stopped asking.

Hope that helps. I would also like to be able to use the mode outside of Franchise but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks Man. I was griping more than anything. Maybe someday:frown:

tuckermaine 08-27-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerhunker (Post 2049881681)
Thanks Man. I was griping more than anything. Maybe someday:frown:

Hammer hope you can help me..read a post you were active in that addresses the issue of the lame cpu baserunner not challenging the outfielder on stretch singles...in my opinion one of the most exciting plays in baseball. Last year saw many of those plays where the runner would slide into second on close play.
I play cpu vs cpu franchise ( no season mode :confused:) so I asked Lilly of the Valley what or if his solution worked but I don’t think he is active any longer
Do you have any insight as to how to work the sliders to create this nonexistent baserunner realism....?

Hammerhunker 08-30-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckermaine (Post 2049885117)
Hammer hope you can help me..read a post you were active in that addresses the issue of the lame cpu baserunner not challenging the outfielder on stretch singles...in my opinion one of the most exciting plays in baseball. Last year saw many of those plays where the runner would slide into second on close play.
I play cpu vs cpu franchise ( no season mode :confused:) so I asked Lilly of the Valley what or if his solution worked but I don’t think he is active any longer
Do you have any insight as to how to work the sliders to create this nonexistent baserunner realism....?

Oh man, I have been flipping and flopping on this. I went radical and bumped power all the way to 10 and decreased outfield speed to 0, reaction 1. I began seeing balls down the line being doubles nearly every time, and balls hit legitimately to the gaps not being cut off by outfielders (played about 20 games so I feel I was getting a good sample size to confirm these results). The downside is an occasional game where the power goes berserk. In a MoM game, I gave up 21 runs on 25 hits, I stopped counting homeruns. Give it a try, see what you think.