Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Which Side of the Field Do You Read First? (/forums/showthread.php?t=957081)

PhillyPhanatic14 08-22-2019 09:49 AM

Which Side of the Field Do You Read First?

Curious about which side of the field you guys naturally read first on offense.

I always read the left side first and my WR on that side of the field tends to get more targets than anyone else. It takes a specific play design or a concerted effort to get myself to look to the right side first, but I was talking with a friend over the weekend who said that he is the opposite.

Which side do you look to naturally?

Zack317 08-22-2019 10:00 AM

Re: Which Side of the Field Do You Read First?

Lol never thought about this

But neither. I just look at what I need to look at. I dont ever pay attention to what side I look at first

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mdgoalie37 08-22-2019 10:11 AM

I probably tend to look at my #1 receiver first. I will definitely force more throws to my #1.

But I also like to use my TE when I have a good one. This year though, with the X Factors, I basically try to stay away from them. I played the Jags last night and just stayed away from Ramsey who generally played my right side of the field. There was one play I thought I had an opening up the seam on the right....and Ramsey got the INT. I think I may have tried 4-5 passes to the right side and one was picked.

I do also look at if I have a receiver running some type of out pattern if the DB is shading to the inside or vice versa. I also look to see if they are playing press or soft to see if I want to throw something quick. Especially this year when those can work.

Senator Palmer 08-22-2019 10:28 AM

I generally go through my progressions 1-2-3 ... but when I’m not sure what the coverage is I generally read the weak safety.

The weak safety will a lot of times give away the coverage. If it’s two high and the weak safety is a little wide of the hash sitting at 10-12 yards, then gets width at the snap then it’s some kind of cover-2.

If it’s two high and he’s sitting a little more shallow and he’s flat-footed at the snap (i.e. reading the release of #2), it’s a form of quarters.

If he moves to the middle of the field, it’s cover-1 or 3.

From there I know where every underneath defender is going to be and who should come open.

Dsabol715 08-22-2019 10:40 AM

I always look at what the defense is giving me first. I’ll see if I have something I’m gonna target right off the bat. I’ll hike the ball and if that play isn’t there, I’ll usually look left first.

Kodii Rockets 08-22-2019 10:54 AM

I always go through my progressions, i.e. it's not a side of the field I look at first.

As soon as the ball is hiked, I look at the safeties to determine coverage, 1, cover 2,etc. then my primary receiver, then secondary, then checkdown.

webbjay82 08-22-2019 11:23 AM

Depends on my reads, I will decide route 1, 2, 3, etc, and then figure out where on defense I need to read first. This year I've had to really speed up my reads, which I love.

reyes the roof 08-22-2019 11:31 AM

I just stare at the guy I've pre determined I'm throwing to the entire time until I decide he's open, then I prepare to make a tackle when I inevitably throw an INT