Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NHL 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   (PS3) 2K10 Utility (/forums/showthread.php?t=957671)

snowdrift 09-03-2019 11:19 PM

2K10 Utility

(EDIT : Updated version Sept 20, 2019 : experimental name editing bugfix)

I've written a very simple Windows utility (command-line only) that exports player attributes from a roster file to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can then be edited and imported again to update player names, positions, player types and gameplay attributes.

How team rosters work is a mystery I may never solve, so players can't be moved to different teams. It has to be done in-game.

If anyone is interested in testing it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6gybww...K10v3.zip/file

Extract the Ut2K10 folder and run Ut2K10.exe. Ignore all of the other files.

USAGE NOTES:

For the PS3 version, the PS3 file has to be decrypted (with BruteForce). Remember to encrypt it again before using it on the PS3. Apparently this also works with the XBox 360 version. Similar procedure : extract the contents file (.con) from the 360 save file using Horizon or an equivalent program for editing, then re-insert it into the save before loading it onto the XBox 360.

ID column tells program what player to overwrite. Do not edit IDs.

POS column in spreadsheet allows changing player position.
-> Use values : C, D, L, R, G
-> It is possible to change skaters into goalies and vice-versa (unlike in 2K8).

TYPE column allows changing player type. Values are same as with 2K8 editor:
"UTL","FIN","POW","2WY","PMK","SCO","ENF","COM","O FF","DEF","BFY","POS","RFX"
-> Currently exporting is not supported, so this column will be empty.
-> It's recommended to NOT skip player types. Overall rating will be too low if a player's type doesn't correspond to his strongest attributes.

Player names and attributes can be edited freely in the spreadsheet.
-> Maximum length for first or last name is 14 characters.

More information for those who may be struggling:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...9&postcount=15

Dedicated to molifox, DJNeo, austrianredwing, and everyone else working hard to keep 2K10 alive and well.

tinpanalley 09-04-2019 12:37 AM

Re: (PS3) 2K10 Utility

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdrift (Post 2049892451)
FOR THE PS3 VERSION ONLY... I've written a very simple Windows utility (command-line only) that exports player attributes from a roster file to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can then be edited and imported again to update player names, positions, player types and gameplay attributes.

I can -- not -- believe this. You're a legend. I'd totally be willing to help with this for updating rosters. Can't thank you enough. Even if it has limitations, this could be an immense help.

nikethebike 09-04-2019 12:53 AM

Wow! I'd be really interested in discussing details about this program with you and see if I can achieve something similar for 2K11.

WWEDX2007 09-04-2019 12:57 AM

Oh my god, this is an incredible step in the future of NHL 2K10. while it's a shame you may never find out what makes roster transfers work this is a hell of a start!

You listed a few different things you can edit, but what about ages? there are no ways to edit player ages from within the game.

Can you add names with certain text differences? (example: Jacob Markstrom -> Jacob Markström)

Have you looked into data differences between 2K9 and 2K10? it would be pretty cool if something between them was similar to give the utility another function. 2K9 was the debut of the current engine.

And also, I wonder why it's PS3 only since members here have talked about being able to transfer rosters between systems. makes me wonder if edits can be made to a PS3 file and then copied over via the method some members have come up with.

This editor is huge for multiple reasons, but the first off of the top of my head is how this will very much improve positional needs. we will no longer be forced to use certain skaters due to a lack of skaters at a certain position. would also hope this means we can abolish the limitation of certain players who have multiple positions listed and locked to them (Something that was good on paper but as a roster editor I hate very much)

nikethebike 09-04-2019 01:12 AM

This is really awesome.

Problem I had with editing the 2K11 roster file was that it seemed to have a checksum or something that I did not find. I suspect the PS3 file to atleast be similar. Therefor I am really interested if you would be willing to share what was needed to get it to work.

And the way you did it with spreadsheet export I think this could easily be combined with a project I did on NHL94 where I generated rosters based on season statistics...

Very good work!

snowdrift 09-04-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEDX2007 (Post 2049892514)
I wonder why it's PS3 only since members here have talked about being able to transfer rosters between systems.

Hadn't thought about that. If anyone with the 360 version wants to try, that would be great. (You'll need Horizon to extract the actual roster file from the save.)

Quote:

You listed a few different things you can edit, but what about ages?

I know where the data is stored so I can probably figure it out.

Quote:

Can you add names with certain text differences? (example: Jacob Markstrom -> Jacob Markström)

Haven't tried it. I know some special characters are possible in 2K8.

Quote:

Would also hope this means we can abolish the limitation of certain players who have multiple positions listed and locked to them

I haven't found a universal "forward" position, but doesn't 2K10 let you play anyone at any position? Do players have any known disadvantage if they don't play their natural position?

Quote:

Have you looked into data differences between 2K9 and 2K10?

Don't have 2K9, but 2K11 would probably come first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikethebike (Post 2049892523)
Problem I had with editing the 2K11 roster file was that it seemed to have a checksum

That doesn't sound good. If there's a checksum, there's nothing I can do, we'd need a programmer who has experience with that kind of stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikethebike (Post 2049892512)
I'd be really interested in discussing details about this program with you and see if I can achieve something similar for 2K11.

I don't know anything about 2K11, but maybe you can get ideas from how 2K10 works. We can discuss that by private message so we don't clutter the forum with technical stuff.

Fiddy 09-04-2019 09:16 AM

OMG..

TS, where are you?

I would love to have classic all time rosters for each team since classic rosters did not exist.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

This is awesome, thank you.

tinpanalley 09-04-2019 09:54 AM

Is there any chance that player portraits can be removed? That's one major issue with updated rosters for 2K10.
Another thing that would be great would be to remove play by play names in the instances where a player has been created over an existing player but retains his play by play name.