Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   eFootball PES 2020 Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=958218)

Steve_OS 09-11-2019 05:29 PM

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Feel free to post your impressions here.

pflynhi 09-11-2019 07:22 PM

Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Let's just get this outta the way first,
fifa18 1200hrs> pes18 8hrs
fifa19 1000hrs> pes19 28hrs
pes20 11 hrs 1st day+pes demo another 20+hrs> fifa20 demo 1hr and done.

Now I only play offline and have no desire to play online.

I was on the fence whether or not I'd even get this years PES seeing how the last 2 just didn't hit it off with me and felt like I didn't get my moneys worth but I really enjoyed the game play from the demo so I bit the bullet and bought the full release yesterday and I'm glad I did. Now I will not lie, I'm still not crazy about the defending but that's probably more my fault for not understanding the complete mechanics yet to get the maximum effect...I still have a lot to learn about PES actually.

Sure the player faces do look like a bunch of howdy doody's and adding a option file is a must (I'm using pesuniverse) but the game play is superb and fun and such a refreshing change from fifa. I think I'll be skipping fifa this year and the hours of fine tuning sliders.

A few positives so far, I love the fact that the game can start off in dry weather and end in rain,that was super cool the first time that happened and completely caught me off guard . And I know fifa seems to have better stadium atmosphere but it's always the same game after game, but playing PES20 with Burnley and beating Liverpool at Turf Moor on a late goal and the whole place went wild and again caught me off guard was very satisfying and I never experienced anything close to it in fifa. Now maybe these things aren't new to pes but they are to me and I can't wait to discover more, especially when I actually learn all the controls.

Now a few things I don't like...a) I've never liked the commentators in PES that didn't change this year either. b)The fact the game was released with last years rosters is another big downer, but that should be updated tomorrow. c)Having to add a option file to get the real kits and badges, but that's a easy fix.

Overall I'm happy and look forward to spending a many hours finally learning what all PES has to offer and should finally get my moneys worth from PES this year.

Zac 09-11-2019 10:09 PM

Oh man. I played the FIFA demo tonight and liked what I saw. Then I booted this up for the first time. I really, really really liked what I saw. Looking forward to getting deep into a ML save now.

My first game in local play (exhibition), playing as Napoli vs Sporting ending in a 3-3. End to end counter attacking battle all game, but still some decent defending going on. Sporting scored a screamer from 34 yards. I couldn't believe the goal and what I had just seen. Never seen anything like it before in either game. I dropped my jaw and my controller. Fernando held up the ball with his back to the goal at probably 25 yards out, blocking off a defender. And then hit a nice spin turn fake dribble ending with a pass back to an on rushing Fernandes with his back heel, who hit it first time with a crazy dipping arc that landed perfectly just out of reach of the diving keeper on the ground, hit the inside of the post and in. It was fantastic. And moments later one of their defenders two footed me in the box and got a red. Keeper saved my shot, but it was put back in by me, with the taker to even it back up.

I had so much fun in that game. Loving the new touch dribbling controls too. I'm sure it has its flaws, but after the high from that first game I need to get this option file sorted and get ML going.

villabraves 09-12-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pflynhi (Post 2049903698)
Let's just get this outta the way first,
fifa18 1200hrs> pes18 8hrs
fifa19 1000hrs> pes19 28hrs
pes20 11 hrs 1st day+pes demo another 20+hrs> fifa20 demo 1hr and done.

Now I only play offline and have no desire to play online.

I was on the fence whether or not I'd even get this years PES seeing how the last 2 just didn't hit it off with me and felt like I didn't get my moneys worth but I really enjoyed the game play from the demo so I bit the bullet and bought the full release yesterday and I'm glad I did. Now I will not lie, I'm still not crazy about the defending but that's probably more my fault for not understanding the complete mechanics yet to get the maximum effect...I still have a lot to learn about PES actually.

Sure the player faces do look like a bunch of howdy doody's and adding a option file is a must (I'm using pesuniverse) but the game play is superb and fun and such a refreshing change from fifa. I think I'll be skipping fifa this year and the hours of fine tuning sliders.

A few positives so far, I love the fact that the game can start off in dry weather and end in rain,that was super cool the first time that happened and completely caught me off guard . And I know fifa seems to have better stadium atmosphere but it's always the same game after game, but playing PES20 with Burnley and beating Liverpool at Turf Moor on a late goal and the whole place went wild and again caught me off guard was very satisfying and I never experienced anything close to it in fifa. Now maybe these things aren't new to pes but they are to me and I can't wait to discover more, especially when I actually learn all the controls.

Now a few things I don't like...a) I've never liked the commentators in PES that didn't change this year either. b)The fact the game was released with last years rosters is another big downer, but that should be updated tomorrow. c)Having to add a option file to get the real kits and badges, but that's a easy fix.

Overall I'm happy and look forward to spending a many hours finally learning what all PES has to offer and should finally get my moneys worth from PES this year.

I preordered both games this year and have to say PES is looking, feeling, playing great! The fact you have to really work hard to create chances and think about the nature of the game is both refreshing and rewarding compared to FIFA! The option file from Pesuniverse is fantastic too. Haven’t bought PES since ‘13 but already feel I’ve made the right decision to get it this year. Used the last two days to try and reacquaint myself with the game and it’s proving very enjoyable and difficult at the same time! I remember professional was my limit previously but I’ve been trying the higher difficulty levels on exhibition games. Top Player provides great competition but I do recall that whatever level you had ML on, the games sometimes seemed the next difficulty level up. Struggling to put wins together at the moment, may have to checkout some tutorials on YouTube for some help but looking forward to playing this game again this year.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Hunkerdown 09-12-2019 09:10 AM

I am in [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173] They promised the old PES gameplay magic and so far they have delivered. Cannot wait to get home and get live update and start a ML. Hmmmmm decisions decisions. I'll be broadcasting it as well on YouTube.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS

RoyceDa59 09-12-2019 09:36 AM

I hear Live Update is out is it true some of the players they added like Pulisic don't have a scanned face and many players that were added in the update. This can only mean that new faces will be added next month in a Data Pack.

sva91 09-12-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2049904334)
I hear Live Update is out is it true some of the players they added like Pulisic don't have a scanned face and many players that were added in the update. This can only mean that new faces will be added next month in a Data Pack.

They had pulisic scanned for 18. This is surprising. Maybe you’re right and they’ll update his face with better scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Hustler79 09-12-2019 11:52 AM

The game feels great and looks good but when playing become a legend all my teammates and the opponents do is kick the ball up front there is no build up no strategie just kicking high balls to the other side at a high rate !! Seems like the gameplay is broken this cant be true ! Options to pass wide or to midfielders are neglected . Anybody experience this too in become a legend mode ???

Tried every level of difficulty still the same issue !!