Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Wow NHL 20 is great (/forums/showthread.php?t=958611)

mattg123 09-17-2019 04:02 PM

Wow NHL 20 is great

Played this game already more times than the past 3 years. Gameplay is amazing. Franchise is good. Also my leafs are of course fun to play with :)))

Notice create a player. Names show up in creation list....does this mean I can edit in main menu and it will reflect in franchise???

Edit coaches names?

Travolterjohn 09-17-2019 07:01 PM

Re: Wow NHL 20 is great

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg123 (Post 2049910864)
Played this game already more times than the past 3 years. Gameplay is amazing. Franchise is good. Also my leafs are of course fun to play with :)))

Notice create a player. Names show up in creation list....does this mean I can edit in main menu and it will reflect in franchise???

Edit coaches names?

You speak from the Gameplay ? Yes this I could believe. It’s maybe 9/10, but the rest like so many missing graphic details ( many missing likenesses, Goalie masks, Jerseys, Equipment ....) missing worse stats, many missing Player pics and more would rate with 2/10. This is all far from what it need to be.

mayers911 09-18-2019 07:50 AM

It's missing CUSTOM MUSIC very important ! :signball:

Franchise == Score and stats all teams

== Play ALL teams for Franchise

Editing == Mask goaling , Editing Face ( NBA 2k20 - SHOW 19)

ktd1976 09-19-2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayers911 (Post 2049911482)
It's missing CUSTOM MUSIC very important ! :signball:

Franchise == Score and stats all teams

== Play ALL teams for Franchise

Editing == Mask goaling , Editing Face ( NBA 2k20 - SHOW 19)

The actual goalie masks are not able to be included in the game.

Because the creators/artists of the masks would have to be compensated for their work being included. IE paid royalties....

Travolterjohn 09-19-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktd1976 (Post 2049912417)
The actual goalie masks are not able to be included in the game.

Because the creators/artists of the masks would have to be compensated for their work being included. IE paid royalties....

Who needs the actual Goalie masks ? Add a good creator app to the game and we can design our own. It’s not that complicated.

KoryDub 09-19-2019 08:35 AM

The lack of care given to the multiplayer exprience in dropins and the fact we still can't get a lobby system back is disappointing.

However, on a gameplay scale, NHL20 is far and above the best game of the series. There are still issues - pass interceptions, A.I. stuck in the same patterns since NHL 06, same-old-same-old menu system, faceoffs haven't received a single ounce of love in 5+ years - maybe more, etc.

My993C2 09-19-2019 10:04 AM

Until they tone it down, I have decided to turn off all play by play commentary because I just cannot stand the "over the top" excitement this new guy has every 30 or so seconds. It's too bad too, because he isn't bad at all when his tone is at a normal pitch. Why the developers thought having him go hyper every time the puck is near the slot is a little mind boggling. I guess they are trying to attract the 12 year olds and could care less about the adults who also play the game. Other than that, I am satisfied with the game. A lot of the legacy issues still exist, but what can you do other than complain to the choir who complains about the same legacy issues.

Funkycorm 09-19-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg123 (Post 2049910864)

Edit coaches names?

Not sure the OP meant for a discussion on his opinion about the gameplay or about franchise. Pretty sure it is his opinion and didn't want to discuss that. I think he was just stating it to start his questions. Yes it is in the title but the body of the post is questions.

Anyways, to actually answer your questions, you can not edit coaches names, they function in hiring/firing just like scouts. And I am not sure about the creation thing. I would assume you can use the active roster to start a franchise that would have those on it. I just roll with the default rosters.