Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=958716)

Cycloniac 09-19-2019 04:36 PM

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

You know what to expect by now: simulation hockey. Throughout the years, I've never been afraid of pushing boundaries and trying different things with sliders. This year is no different.

Last year’s release was a huge success, so thanks to everyone who appreciated the set and reached out to me this year to see if a new set was coming.

These were tested via CPUvCPU and using the True Broadcast Cam in order to get an accurate measure of game and player speed, but they are also excellent for playing vs the AI in any form, based on the feedback I’ve received. They were also tested in franchise mode, so they are franchise-ready.
The main areas I focused on were tuning the speed and flow of the game because NHL 20 is much more fast-paced out of the box. Hockey is a fast sport, but I wanted to capture the variety of pacing seen in professional games.

Last year, I also released a roster set to accompany the sliders. This year’s roster is currently under development and a separate thread in the roster forum will be created when it is ready.
Give them a go and let me know what you think.
Additionally, working on both the roster set and sliders takes many hours of time per year. I love doing this work for you guys. Given the hours of testing required, I do accept donations, so feel free to PM me if you would like to contribute.

Without further ado, here is the set!
Suggested Franchise Setup
Spoiler

TrueSim 20-Minute Sliders v1.25
Spoiler

Franchise Sliders Version 6 (last updated 4/28/20)
Spoiler

The Original Set: Franchise Sliders Version 1
Spoiler

Audio & Visual Settings

VISUAL
Auto Zoom: Auto
Camera: True Broadcast
Camera Perspective: Alternate
Control Indicator: Off
Indicator Size: Off
Fighting Instructions: Off
Goalie Camera: High
Puck Highlight: Large
Puck Size: Authentic
Score Clock Overlay: Authentic
Shootout Camera: True Brodcast or Low

VOLUME
Arena Announcer Volume: 8
Arena Music Volume: 7
Commentary Volume: Max
Crowd Volume: 8
Goal Horn Volume: 8
Menu Music: 7
SFX Volume: 7

On-Ice Trainer
Control Hints: Off
Feedback Hints: Off
Shot Aim Targeting: Off
Goalie Coverage Grid: Off
Shot Lane: Off
Pass Aim Targeting: Off
Pass Suggestions: Off
Offside Warning: Off
Defensive Positioning: Off

WeAreAllKings 09-19-2019 09:41 PM

Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cycloniac (Post 2049913077)
You know what to expect by now: simulation hockey. Throughout the years, I've never been afraid of pushing boundaries and trying different things with sliders. This year is no different.

Last year’s release was a huge success, so thanks to everyone who appreciated the set and reached out to me this year to see if a new set was coming.

These were tested via CPUvCPU and using the True Broadcast Cam in order to get an accurate measure of game and player speed, but they are also excellent for playing vs the AI in any form, based on the feedback I’ve received. They were also tested in franchise mode, so they are franchise-ready.
The main areas I focused on were tuning the speed and flow of the game because NHL 20 is much more fast-paced out of the box. Hockey is a fast sport, but I wanted to capture the variety of pacing seen in professional games.

Last year, I also released a roster set to accompany the sliders. This year’s roster is currently under development and a separate thread in the roster forum will be created when it is ready.
Give them a go and let me know what you think.
Additionally, working on both the roster set and sliders takes many hours of time per year. I love doing this work for you guys. Given the hours of testing required, I do accept donations, so feel free to PM me if you would like to contribute.

Without further ado, here is the set!

Franchise Sliders Version 1
Spoiler

Audio & Visual Settings

VISUAL
Auto Zoom: Auto
Camera: True Broadcast
Camera Perspective: Alternate
Control Indicator: Off
Indicator Size: Off
Fighting Instructions: Off
Goalie Camera: High
Puck Highlight: Large
Puck Size: Authentic
Score Clock Overlay: Authentic
Shootout Camera: True Brodcast or Low

VOLUME
Arena Announcer Volume: 8
Arena Music Volume: 7
Commentary Volume: Max
Crowd Volume: 8
Goal Horn Volume: 8
Menu Music: 7
SFX Volume: 7

On-Ice Trainer
Control Hints: Off
Feedback Hints: Off
Shot Aim Targeting: Off
Goalie Coverage Grid: Off
Shot Lane: Off
Pass Aim Targeting: Off
Pass Suggestions: Off
Offside Warning: Off
Defensive Positioning: Off

Can’t wait to plug these in and take them for a spin!! Thanks for all of your hard work in getting these out to the community. It’s greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

WeAreAllKings 09-20-2019 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 168959This was my first game using your 20 sliders. I’m still playing the Champions League tournament, so results may not be up to par with NHL stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Steven547 09-20-2019 01:05 PM

I do like these sliders. However, while a lot of things work great, two things stand out out to me. I'm playing Position Lock as (RD) for Dallas. Playing against Nashville.

I'm just starting the 3rd period. Nashville already has 32 SOG to my 23. Plus, the only 2 penalties in the game were because one of my players hooked another and I slammed a guy after the whistle. I do think the penalty system is broken again in this game.

Nashville just had 5 powerplays in the 3rd. I had 0 power plays all game.

Cycloniac 09-20-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven547 (Post 2049913968)
I do like these sliders. However, while a lot of things work great, two things stand out out to me. I'm playing Position Lock as (RD) for Dallas. Playing against Nashville.

I'm just starting the 3rd period. Nashville already has 32 SOG to my 23. Plus, the only 2 penalties in the game were because one of my players hooked another and I slammed a guy after the whistle. I do think the penalty system is broken again in this game.

The penalty sliders are very sensitive (although some penalties just never get called)

I would give it a few more games, but you can increase hooking, tripping and slashing by 5 if you are seeing too few penalties. My roster has more of a spread with discipline ratings, and mine are about 10 pts lower than EA's defaults on average

Steven547 09-20-2019 01:53 PM

The crazy thing to me, is that nothing was called in the first 2 periods. Then, I go up 2-0 and suddenly, constant penalties. Not saying this is "tilt" or anything, but definitely a strange coincidence that I wouldn't put past EA.

seb2314 09-20-2019 03:56 PM

I'm having a blast with these, expect a donation pretty soon. Playing as the Pens, I won my first game against Buffalo 4-2, lost 5-2 to Montreal and won 3-1 also against the Habs. I also had doubts about penalties after the first game due to only seeing 3 penalties in total, but each team had 3 powerplays during the second game and 2 during the third. I'm really enjoying these after only three games.

Cycloniac 09-20-2019 08:42 PM

<iframe src="https://player.twitch.tv/?autoplay=false&video=v484195942" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" height="378" width="620"></iframe><a href="https://www.twitch.tv/videos/484195942?tt_content=text_link&tt_medium=vod_embed " style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline;">Watch NHL 20 Bruins vs Hurricanes from cycloniac on www.twitch.tv</a>