Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Can Madden make Two versions of game...? (/forums/showthread.php?t=958755)

tuckermaine 09-20-2019 12:35 PM

Can Madden make Two versions of game...?

So, I’ve been buying and enjoying Madden well before “ patches” “ Title Updates “ and “ Superstar Ko” ( I think that’s right)
Let me just say up front...I respect all types of gameplay...I do not bash or ridicule how others enjoy this game. But all I’m asking is for a voice to be heard for the Offline simulation guys like me. So I’ve always been able to create through sliders made here by some very devoted people ( who at times I think understand the inner workings of Madden better than the devs) and enjoy a simulation like football game. As of late however I’m losing things in the game that for me is very important if you are trying to replicate football albeit a video game.
Walk up to the line..ok gone I can deal with that...QBs as I understand don’t have anymore little immersion animations anymore such as linking fingers..adjusting helmet ect..since this last patch. But for me what killed and deflated any enjoyment for this game was Patch 1.11. In that patch they managed willingly or not to ruin all of what I know of played and have watched about Ballcarriers and how they run. Special Ballcarrier moves had vanished.
Let me be clear ..yes..if you are joysticking “your player “ you can make them move as real life Ballcarriers move..however if you like some of us play Cpu Cpu or would just like some realism in The Cpu side of the ball...it’s gone..none
Immersion for me left but what is more perplexing is WHY!
Why can’t Madden create or edit through patches these things that online gamers want and should have without TAKING away completely basic football animations.
I understand the Ballcarriers were over juking...I go back to theses cats right here on this forum who have given us wonderful player edit suggestions that have worked for me and made the game fun...
I’m asking Madden Devs or anyone who has a direct pipeline to them for
HELP..in bringing back football to Madden that we all can enjoy no matter how you play this game

stinkubus 09-20-2019 12:48 PM

Re: Can Madden make Two versions of game...?

Zero chance they split the baby in half unless the SP franchise crowd was willing to pay a steep premium or tolerate micro-transactions.

Given the vitrol that gets spewed toward EA's current business model plus all the comments I see about "what I get for $60" I'm guessing neither are likely.

Zack317 09-20-2019 12:54 PM

Yes. Because if they cant fix everything in one game, of course they could then make 2 perfect games
[emoji58][emoji58]
/sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rocket32 09-20-2019 01:16 PM

They could, but why would they? There’s really no reason for them to want to do that. People have suggested this before and not only for Madden, but it doesn’t make sense for any sports game to do, they wouldn’t benefit from making 2 different versions at all.

tuckermaine 09-20-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket32 (Post 2049913982)
They could, but why would they? There’s really no reason for them to want to do that. People have suggested this before and not only for Madden, but it doesn’t make sense for any sports game to do, they wouldn’t benefit from making 2 different versions at all.

I understand that...my point wasn’t literal in that they should make two games ..but..Madden used to have options that could be used by everyone...they have a arcade mode ect..now it seems the offline options are slowly being taken away at least in my opinion..just looking for some help here

roadman 09-20-2019 02:38 PM

Problem is, it's marketing and the higher ups decisions on what goes into the game.

The higher ups and marketing don't patrol social media and some of the developers have taken a leave of absence as well and it's not only Madden developers.

Not sure there is any help to dole out here because there have been plenty of threads discussing the same topic.

LK x Mufasa 09-20-2019 03:56 PM

I'm surprised I've never seen this mentioned before.

The NHL series obviously brings in WAY less revenue and, as a result, has a much smaller development team. It certainly has had its own host of issues over the years.

Yet for as long as I can remember, gameplay changes post-launch have been presented as new "tuners". These tuners make changes the same way that a typical Madden patch does. Online play always uses the newest tuner - that's something that can never change, for obvious reasons.

However, when you're editing your sliders for offline modes, you have the option to pick from any of the previously released tuners, dating all the way back to launch day. How is it possible that Madden would be unable to do this? Give offline players the option to pick which gameplay they like best and work from there.

I know there are always back-end technical issues that most of us don't realize or properly comprehend, but I fail to see a legitimate reason why a game with a much smaller dev team (and the one sport which matches football in terms of its difficulty to recreate digitally) can have this feature while Madden can't. The tuners or "gameplay styles" already exist prior to the new patch. Just leave them in as another option instead of removing them from the game completely.

tuckermaine 09-20-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LK x Mufasa (Post 2049914168)
I'm surprised I've never seen this mentioned before.

The NHL series obviously brings in WAY less revenue and, as a result, has a much smaller development team. It certainly has had its own host of issues over the years.

Yet for as long as I can remember, gameplay changes post-launch have been presented as new "tuners". These tuners make changes the same way that a typical Madden patch does. Online play always uses the newest tuner - that's something that can never change, for obvious reasons.

However, when you're editing your sliders for offline modes, you have the option to pick from any of the previously released tuners, dating all the way back to launch day. How is it possible that Madden would be unable to do this? Give offline players the option to pick which gameplay they like best and work from there.

I know there are always back-end technical issues that most of us don't realize or properly comprehend, but I fail to see a legitimate reason why a game with a much smaller dev team (and the one sport which matches football in terms of its difficulty to recreate digitally) can have this feature while Madden can't. The tuners or "gameplay styles" already exist prior to the new patch. Just leave them in as another option instead of removing them from the game completely.

Wow...great insight👌 ..love this thought too bad Madden can’t implement it