Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 20 Franchise Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=958795)

kinsmen7 09-21-2019 10:57 AM

NHL 20 Franchise Thread

It doesn't appear as though anyone started a franchise thread, so here goes!

This isn't a thread to give thoughts on gameplay, developers, or anything else that you don't like. It's just here to keep us all up to date on how you're doing in franchise mode!

Currently 5 games into my expansion Seattle Spartans franchise and sitting at a reasonably respectable 2-2-1.

2nd overall pick, Ukrainian defenceman Alexander Kennins has been the surprise of the first 5 games, having moved up from the 3rd pairing to the top pairing after a couple of games, and putting up an otherworldly (for a rookie dman) 3 goals and 5 assists.

Goaltending has been an issue, as Eric Comrie and Juusi Saros have combined for a 4.20 GAA. 3rd stringer Tristan Jarry has been called up and will start game 6, leaving me with 3 waiver eligible goaltenders on my NHL roster.

Other standout players:

Tyler Johnson: 2 G, 3 A
Ondrej Kase: 4 G
Brandon Dubinsky: 2 G, +4
Nico Sturm: 3 G, 1 A

Let me know how you're all doing!

spymoose 09-25-2019 06:56 PM

Re: NHL 20 Franchise Thread

Currently 2-2 with Vancouver.

Maybe eventually start a second Canucks franchise to post in Dynasty HQ. For now I'm enjoying getting started after not playing an NHL game for a few years.

Top line took a few games to get going. Boeser and Pettersson have 3 points combined in 4 games, but Horvat is on a tear with 7 points in 4 games.

Markstrom has struggled a bit so far. Currently 2-0 at home and 0-2 on the road. Detroit at home next.

Jagermeister 09-26-2019 01:06 PM

No Kakko for Rangers but Hughes in NJ? When next roster updates are coming? Dont Want to start franchise before that.

Cycloniac 09-28-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 2049919990)
No Kakko for Rangers but Hughes in NJ? When next roster updates are coming? Dont Want to start franchise before that.

Kakko is indeed available:

kinsmen7 09-28-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 2049919990)

If they go with what they've done in the past, there will be a roster update sometime around Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 10th-15thish).

The unfortunate part about that roster is that you actually lose a bunch of AHL guys that end up starting the season in the NHL (Part of their contract).

The *best* roster, with the CHL and Euro teams updated, doesn't typically drop until early November.

My workaround was pretty simple. Updated the extensions, signed the 3-4 guys that were still UFA's, and created 15 or so prospects that were drafted and *could* have an impact over the next year or two (ie. Shesterkin, Fox, Zegras, Caulfield, etc.). Took about an hour, but was well worth it.

SuperGoalies 09-28-2019 03:50 PM

pre-season record : Vancouver: W: 1 , L: 3: 0, just couple more games to go

SuperGoalies 09-28-2019 07:09 PM

record is in pre-season: Vancouver: W: 2 , L: 4, OT Loss: 0
playing last game in pre-season now.

scitychamps87 09-28-2019 07:46 PM

Would you recommend this game for a pure franchise player who owns NHL 19???

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app