Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   FIFA 20 - high scoring games (/forums/showthread.php?t=958836)

UMiami 09-22-2019 10:24 AM

FIFA 20 - high scoring games

Well one thing that hasn’t changes through the years with FIFA is high scoring games. Consistently getting 5-4 or 4-3 games. (On legendary). I’ve adjusted sliders but nothing seems to work

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Chrisx 09-22-2019 11:09 AM

Re: FIFA 20 - high scoring games

Yes. The AI is broken. There is no defending.

It's the worst AI i've ever seen in a fifa game, but at least people are beginning to notice, so that's a good thing.

BearsNVA 09-22-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisx (Post 2049915910)

It's the worst AI i've ever seen in a fifa game, but at least people are beginning to notice, so that's a good thing.

Didn't they make a big deal about defending being improved?

It's strange, I have a couple games where the score is 5-2, and other games where I can barely complete passes and get near the goal; losing 3-0.

Chrisx 09-22-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearsNVA (Post 2049915919)
Didn't they make a big deal about defending being improved?

It's strange, I have a couple games where the score is 5-2, and other games where I can barely complete passes and get near the goal; losing 3-0.

They "improved" defending by removing all AI defending so that the AI is not a factor in their e-sport. They forgot about the single player game where you have to play against the AI, so the game is basically a joke. When EA talks about new gameplay features no one should assume they are meant for the single player game, it's always only about fut.

This is the "strongest" AI defence in Fifa 20, if someone tries harder than me maybe it will even be possible to walk the ball into the net:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8cJMiQFpM

BearsNVA 09-22-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisx (Post 2049915928)
They "improved" defending by removing all AI defending so that the AI is not a factor in their e-sport. They forgot about the single player game where you have to play against the AI, so the game is basically a joke. When EA talks about new gameplay features no one should assume they are meant for the single player game, it's always only about fut.

This is the "strongest" AI defence in Fifa 20, if someone tries harder than me maybe it will even be possible to walk the ball into the net:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8cJMiQFpM

Wait, huh? What do you mean they removed AI defending?

ImmortalMindz 09-22-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearsNVA (Post 2049915974)
Wait, huh? What do you mean they removed AI defending?

AI controlled defenders are now very passive - b/c FUT needed to be more manual defending - but this has had the knock on effect that the CPU just sucks at defending now. It works okay I guess in FUT but it's a disaster for single player.

ImmortalMindz 09-22-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisx (Post 2049915910)

Yeah, but who's noticing? The Pros are all pretty much in love with the gameplay, and the FUT mob just follows along like sheep.

Last year in the beta forums we had a massive thread going about how pathetically easy the game is on Ultimate, often b/c of bad AI. EA dropped in to say they'd look at it. Nothing happened.

It's only worse this year. IMO we'll be lucky enough to just get CM bug fixes.

sportsfan8812 09-22-2019 12:55 PM

Yeah i'm having the same issue. My intent here is not to humble brag haha (because i'm decent at FIFA but definitely not great). But i'm playing on Legendary and all of my games have been very high scoring. I think one of them I won like 9-0. That's crazy and should not be happening on Legendary